Chapter 1- stupid Plan

McKenna Reed POV: I woke up at the château. "What's up boys!" I yelled walking into the living room to find JJ on the couch and my cousin John B making breakfast.

"Hey Johnny B!" I chirped. They both said their good morning and I sat down turning on the TV.

"Where's Pope?" I asked. "His dad's." JJ replied. I responded with "oh" in understanding.

"School today." I said. "Yep
And we're going." John B said sternly. "Aww." JJ said in disappointment. "Common Johnny B!" I whined. "Hey, I'm already on thin ice with Sherif Peterkons right now." He said. I sighed.

I grabbed my backpack after I changed.
My outfit

"Alrighty then let's roll

"Alrighty then let's roll." I said grabbing JJ's hat off his head to make him get off the couch and follow me for his hat back. Like a little puppy following his owner to get a treat.

Me and JJ sat in the back. I ruffled his hair and said "good boy." Like I was praising a dog for doing a good deed. JJ just laughed and fixed his hair to put his hat back on.

John B drove to the Heyward shop. "Common Pope!" John B yelled. I slid open the door and me and JJ stuck our heads out. "No way in hell my son is riding in that death trap!" Mr.Heyward yelled. "Common! We're the most trustworthy people in outerbanks!" I yelled. "Ha! You and JJ in there! Then there's no way! You 2 are already bad influences on my boy let alone getting high or drunk before school messing with his merit scholarship! No!" Heyward yelled.

Me and JJ acted offended but it doesn't faze us anymore. We get that often. The three of us get into a lot of trouble but me and JJ are the worst.

John B turned to us and nodded towards the door. We got the memo as we glanced at each other and smirked. We jumped out of the car and grabbed Pope. "Sorry Pop!" He yelled as we dragged him into the van and closed the door laughing praising and high-fiving.

We finally arrived at school. John B and Pope were first out. JJ jumped out and turned around giving me a piggy back ride into the school.

The one lady that stands in front of the school- hates me and JJ but can't do anything about it yelled at us. "HEY GET OFF OF HIM! PUT HER DOWN!" She yelled as me and JJ flipped her off.

We went into class and JJ put me down.
Seating chart

Thank God we only have like a month left

"Ah, JJ, John B, Kenna how lovely of you three to join us." The teacher mrs.Jones said.

I bitch smiled at her. She ignored while she turned around and began the lesson. She was talking but I put my head down.

"Hey," Rafe said. I looked over at him. "Hm?" I hummed. "You should come over later. With your brother. Gavin is spending the night maybe you could stop by?" He whispered. "Sure I don't see why not." I said.

After class ended I grabbed my stuff. "Hey, you still want my help babysitting tonight?" JJ asked. "Um no actually I have plans." I said.

"Really? Like what?" He asked. I scoffed. "Hanging with Rafe Cameron." I said rolling my eyes then I realized what I've just said and to who.

His eyes grew like 12 times. "Jay... It's not like that trust me I-" I tried to explain preparing for him to be really pissed off. But he didn't. He just shook his head, slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked away.

"JJ!" I yelled. John B looked at me. "What did you do?" He mouthed. But I did the same as JJ and went after him. I saw him and called his name. Finally, he stopped. He turned around when I caught up.

"It's just to hang out a little bit. Gavin's going over there too so maybe he'll start to like me and not be so violent towards me and-" I explained. "Stop! You. Are a pogue! I never thought about you wanting to be a kook." JJ said.

"I am a pogue. And I don't want to be a kook!" I said defensively. "Pogues hang with pigues! Kooks hang with kooks! There is no in between Kenna!" He yelled grabbing my arms gently making me flinch a little. He backed up and put his hands up.

"I'm so sorry." He said. "But I just can't wrap my head around you wanting to be with- Rafe Cameron." He said making a look of disgust when he said Rafe's name.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH RAFE CAMERON!" I yelled back. "Oh yeah!? Then why are you going over there because you and I both know our families hate us and there is nothing we can do about it!" He yelled. "So you think my plan is stupid." I said calmly.

He shook his head. "No. I just don't think that's the real reason you're going. Everyone always said we were soulmates even if we don't see it. I can't lose you to some... kook! If you go there I can't promise I can protect you." JJ said.

"Jay, I won't need to be protected all the time!" I yelled. "I honestly don't know why you're deciding to go. And I don't think you do either." He said as he walked away. "JJ don't walk away from me! JJ Maybanks!" I yelled but stopped because he isn't going to turn around.

"I need you." I said to myself. Maybe he's right it is just a stupid plan. Maybe I don't know why I'm going.