Earth // Astro + SB

"So.. You're from space too, huh?"

SB nodded, making a small chirp sound.

"Interesting. How did you get here? Did you crash land?"

SB nodded again, a sadder chirp coming from him.

Astro pat the small critter on his head, "Hey, it'll be alright! Me and my friends can help you rebuild your ship, and then you can go back to your home planet!"

SB looked up at Astro, a dazed look on his face.

"Don't you wanna go back to your home planet too?"

Astro sighed and softly shook his head, "No."

"Why?"

Astro folded his hands on his lap and softly lowered his head, "This place is so beautiful. The nature, the people- It's fascinating. At first I did want to go back, but now I am never leaving. At least, I never want to."

SB looked at their surroundings and shrugged, "I guess this place is nice." 

"You'll grow accustomed to it eventually. By the time we are done with your ship, you probably won't want to leave either," the golden man chuckled, playfully nudging SB with his shoulder.

SB scrunched his face and looked down, fiddling with the grass underneath them, "I don't think so. My planet was much prettier than this."

"I thought that once too. But someone very wise taught me the beauties of here. It is still scary, but with him and all his friends, it is more tolerable."

"But- I don't have any friends! It's just me here."

Astro looked down at SB, a gentle smile spreading across his face even though he couldn't see it, "You have me. I have been through this before. The same person who helped me can be here for you now as well. He's tough sometimes, but I'm sure he'll oblige!"

SB chirped again, softly placing his hands in his lap and staring down at them, "Do you mean that?"

"Every last word."

SB smiled and nodded, "I don't even know your name."

Astro reached out his hand, the smile visible through his words, "I'm Astro!"

SB reluctantly placed his hand in Astro's, jumping when he shook it. He shut his eyes tight and tried to forget he was even here, "Spacebunny."

It was hard to forget when Astro picked him up off the ground and stood up, posing in a superhero manner despite looking like an idiot, "Spacebunny! Together, we rise up against these humans!" He lowered his other hand and formed it in a fist, "Fist bump?"

SB looked up at Astro, confused, "Fist bump?"

"It's an Earth custom. Turtle- I mean, the wise man, taught me. You just have to bump your fist against mine, and we are friends! Buddies! Pals!"

SB slowly bumped his fist against Astro's,  Astro quickly cheering and looking happily at him, "Yay! We're friends now!" He steadied SB's position in his arm and turned the opposite direction, "Now we just gotta get you to Jess."