Chapter 1-hurricane,utah

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

Holland snuggled up in the passenger seat while John drove,all Holland could think about was Micheal,you see Micheal was a friend of hers before he was kidnapped .nobody knows what happened.

Holland was a little worried about seeing her friends after 10 years she thought about there names reassuring herself she remembered there names "Marla,Lamar,Charlie,Carlton and Jessica"she whispered to herself.

"What did you say"John wondered not taking his eyes off the road.

"Nothing"John nodded "I'm just worried about seeing everyone again"Holland admitted

"Holland it's ok you have me"john said "I'll save you"he said jokingly

"Oh shut up"Holland spoke before looking out the window at the fields.

The fields were so comforting,she had been there with her mother before she died,well was murdered.so that's when she was stayed with john and when johns family decided to move they took her with them.

John was always Holland's bestfriend they told each other everything like when John had,had a crush on this girl,darcy but Holland also liked her so John told her that he wouldn't make a move on her.

Holland looked back at John laughing "as if you could have gotten her"Holland laughed.

"What are you talking about?"john asked sounding confused

"When you liked darcy but I also liked her so you said you wouldn't make a move"Holland laughed again,as the wind blew her brunette hair into her face

"Oh I could have"John said playfully laughing at Holland's hair in her face not being able to take her seriously

"I'm sorry but you didn't even have the guts to tell Charlie you liked her"Holland laughed.

"Actually we almost kissed when we were six"John stated

"Really when you didn't tell me"Holland said crossing her arms and turning her head to the field were the sign said 'hurricane,Utah'.

"We're here"John looked over to Holland

"I think I figured that out by the sign"Holland said clearly sarcasm in her voice

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

John parked in the parking lot right outside the diner "you ready?"John asked

"I sure am"Holland said

"Lets go "Holland nodded and they walked up the steps to see Jessica and Carlton in the diner.

Holland hesitated before John pulled her in the diner "it's okay"he whispered in comforting tone.