For You

Hello my dears! Sorry for the delay, but since the last update, I haven't had time to edit the chapter.

But I promise it will be worth the wait!

Love🌹

***

Magnus

So from what I saw, my plan was coming out more than perfect.

I arrived...haven't taken him yet...but I'm sure I kicked the ass!

I knew entries like this always worked out. Cat was a little apprehensive about my being late, but what better way to get everyone's attention than when everyone was already there?

And I knew He was looking at me.

Yes...to say that I went to that auction only out of solidarity or because my little sister had almost begged me? I'd be lying.

After I saw that picture of him, it unlocked something in me. Something that lately I had been trying tirelessly to hide. I knew that my family and friends were worried about my attitudes towards dating and clubbing, but sinking into work was the best way to forget about the latest events.

I don't wanna go through any humiliating situations like the last one. I don't know if I can trust anyone again. I was beginning to think that my life was a cliché romance with no happy ending.

As I walked down that aisle of chairs and over to the Banes' seat, I knew he was checking me out from head to toe, because I was doing exactly the same thing.

I didn't look away for a second. He was even more beautiful up close. The bluest eyes I had ever seen. Even sitting down, I could see that he was tall, whether taller than me, I couldn't tell yet. He was wearing a navy blue suit that accentuated even more the paleness of his skin. I also noticed some bracelets on his wrist and a very casual moccasin shoe, a casual touch... interesting! Now, I understand all the euphoria in the networks...a Greek god, he definitely was.

Already seated with Dot and Cat by my side, I noticed the discreet glances he and his brothers directed at us. I confess that I wanted to know what they were whispering and smiling about... But for the moment I was already happy to be noticed, 'cause I'm sure that it would make a difference at the time of the auction.

During the event, I could not help but admire the immense work that the Lightwoods had in promoting such charity events. To see the history of a company that used to be focused only on legal cases, and today has become more human with all that philanthropy involved, was fascinating.

And it all started with Maxwell Lightwood. A beautiful love story was shown there. I knew that Dot was excited beside me. In fact, everyone was. He was called to the pulpit by Isabelle to talk about his whole process from when he first became ill until his full recovery. And about how they decided to help other people to have a chance to overcome this type of disease, which in most cases, was fatal.

Looking at Alexander, I couldn't help but think how much more he had suffered than the others from Max's cancer. They were twins after all. They're said to feel each other's pains. From the look on each other's faces, I believe it to be true.

As soon as the youngest Lightwoods were back to his seat, Robert announced that the main part of the evening would begin: the auction. That definitely held my attention.

"So, before anything else, I must personally thank all of you for attending tonight. It's a pleasure to welcome you to my home and to see you supporting such a noble event as this, which was born from the initiative of my sons, who have always worked tirelessly to make a difference in the lives of so many people. They are, without a doubt, a pride for me and my wife.