Part 1

Alberu Crossman had many reasons in his life to feel put upon. His entire birthright was one of intense pressure and expectation, things only got worse from that.

Alberu liked to think he managed it fairly well even in the worst of times. He always had a plan and he was the sort of patient stubborn person who could achieve his goals.

It could be said that Alberu was the sort of person who was always looking to the future and very rarely had the opportunity to live in the present.

Of course, when the headache known as Cale Henituse was introduced into his life he found himself forced to live in the here and now with unerring consistency. Or maybe he had the opportunity to do so now that some of the crushing weight of his responsibilities had been forcefully lifted from his shoulders.

And of course replaced with the much heavier weight known as 'keeping my stupid dumb reckless headache inducing dongsaeng alive'.

Despite that particular pressure always causing him trouble, the other weight continued to spread out. Loyal and reliable companions who stood at his side. Children who affectionately sought him out.

Friendship and family like he'd never known before.

When the sun god gave him the opportunity to help his dongsaeng during that damn trial from the sealed god, it was obvious that he'd take it. And when he learned that there was so much more to him that met the eye, he was able to accept it.

The strange world that paralleled their own where Kim Rok Soo and Choi Han came from. It was a place so strange and different from Alberu's own but it had a very distinct look to it that Alberu would never forget.

The homeland of two members of his precious found family and a place where he'd met new friends. Even if all of them all saw him as a giant tiger monster, he felt that he'd managed to create some meaningful bonds.

All of that said, he hadn't the faintest intention of returning to that land when there was so much to be done in his own kingdom.

So why was he surrounded by that distinct scenery?

"Look out–!" Alberu turned at the sound of the voice but he didn't have any more time to react before he was tackled to the ground, a crater left in his wake as a monster made short work of the concrete.

Alberu wasn't granted any time to adjust before the man shoved him aside and turned to face the enemy, barking out orders in Korean to the surrounding ability users as they all moved to subdue the beast.

It was only then that it registered to Alberu that those first two words hadn't been spoken in Korean. Who would know his mother tongue in this place though?

Alberu only understood a bit of Korean. He'd been granted an ability to understand it quite clearly while in the tiger's body but he'd already realized that wasn't the case now. He was definitely in his own body.

More so than he could find comfortable. Alberu's eyes widened at the sight of his dark skin and he reached for his necklace, finding it still securely around his neck.

Why wasn't he disguised?

Fear that the only tool that allowed him to hide his true nature was broken, a keepsake from his mother and a precious gift, flooded through him.

That fear had to wait though. The team of ability users had finished subjugating the monster when the first man who'd rescued him was approaching with a grim look on his face.

He was tall, muscular, and covered in scars. There was something so strangely familiar about him though that Alberu couldn't place even though he was confident that he didn't know this man.