𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

'Unfortunately we do not have any extra open spaces for the Student Exchange Programme Miss Scott, so Mr Brown cannot join in with you."

And we're back where we started.

Mike and I thank our principal and walk out of the office, cloaked in gloom.

"I'm sorry that plan didn't work out Jules." Mike gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah. That's fine. I guess I'll just have to decline the invite for the programme then." I sigh.

"Hey- Wait what? You're not going?" he stops in his tracks.

"Well of course not. I mean-"

"No Julia you are going! You have always wanted to travel! I won't let you turn down this offer!" Mike protests.

"Bu-"

"Don't argue with me Julia Scott! You're going and that's it! let's go and show you're parents the form to sign right now." he grabs my hand and pulls me away.

__________

"I can't believe you were actually going to pass up this opportunity Julia! This is such an exciting and new experience! You get to learn in a different school for heaven's sake!" my father lectures.

"Now come on Aaron. I'm sure she has a good reason for not wanting to go. You know Julia's biggest dream was to travel around the world." Ronald, my step father defends.

"I just didn't want to go there without any friends.. that's it." I mumble.

"Sweetheart, just think about this again. We might not have the money to travel to such places again. We only want what's best for you. This is a once in a lifetime opporunity. At least consider it." Ronald explains. I sigh.

"Okay, I'll consider it. I'll let you guys know by tomorrow." I nod.

I can't believe I'm actually considering this.