two.

two, hot.

The common room was bursting with blitheness.

Deep blues and bright turquoise decor hung about the room, from lofty flower panels lined with carnations and lilies to fat gem-lined curtains. The [Last name] fortune wasn't scarce in the slightest and they made sure every guest that came in was to know of it.

It was a celebration to greet the [Last name]'s return to their estate after longsome years of traveling the other divisions in the country.

In a nation filled with royalties and their descendants, the title seemed of little importance— at least, that's what [Reader] would always argue. Who would bat an eye over a princess when there were already plenty to be had already? Only the common people and conmen would find allure in the relation. Other than that, she was convinced her position was only a facade she had to upkeep for her division.

Shinobu led her out of the heart of the room and brought her to the west wing where her sisters waited.

"Your Highness." Shinobu bowed.

[Reader] curtsied. It was a thrilling thing to engage in the party affairs, especially as something as personal as a dance, and she could only hold back her giggle at the thought of the partner that would soon follow. She turned without haste to where Shinobu had walked, but her sister's cold tone brought her back to reality.

"Why are you wasting your time appeasing the servants? Let them fulfill their duty in peace," the first crown princess scolded.

The tight expression on her face meant that she would accept no argument with her assertion. And it proved to be true when [Reader] opened her mouth to counter but was beat to it.

"There are many other gentlemen here tonight." The first angled her head to the side, where the bustling of the room began. "There are plenty of suitors to be met, [Reader]. If only you would look!"

"That's up to you, dear sister. You can have your fun talking to Lords, Dukes and Earls, and other princes, and I'll have mine by dancing with our knights." [Reader] turned to the west wing where Shinobu had left, and sure enough, there were all of them standing in a row. She smiled at the sight. "Eight down, one left to go. Always leave the best for last as mama would always say, no?"

"Heavens!" her sister cried out. "What unbefitting manner for a princess! Not even [Sister's name] here would agree with you on this one!"

It would have been a true statement had only the second crown princess not been ogling at a silver-haired, strong muscled knight.

She woke from her fantasies the moment the first crown princess roughly elbowed her waist.

"Huh? W-What? Do you mean Tengen? Wait, what—" The second crown princess halted to prevent from exposing herself further. She snapped back to attention and nodded between the girls. "Yes, yes. Sister is most right, you know. We should focus on our duties given to us... even if there are distractions."

"You do that," [Reader] said. "I, on the other hand, will go have my fun. I'm not to inherit the throne nor am I yet of suitable age to marry. Yes. I will go have my fun."

"[Reader]!" the first called out. She noticed her sudden outburst of emotion and attempted to lessen herself. "If father catches you dilly-dallying as they say, then he will force you to marry sooner. You know he's not very keen on the idea of having you hanging loose around the town."

"He won't know what transpires tonight. He seems pretty busy with the guests."

They all followed to the front of the room, where his and his wife's chair were. Currently, they were both engaged in a conversation with another king from the neighboring division, and [Reader] was convinced they were discussing the sudden drop in cow availability in the nation. She wanted to laugh at the absurdity of it all.