Chapter 1: Powers Awakened

When the darkness of his eyesight slowly faded as Izayoi Hideo regained consciousness, the first thing he saw was the familiar white ceiling of his room. 

As he wondered how he got there, the sound of sobbing caught his attention, bringing to his awareness that his wife- Izayoi Setsuko- was sitting by his bedside. The slight movement alerted her of his waking, and she quickly stood up to look at him.

"Dear, are you alright? Do you recognize me?"

"Yes, I am...urgh... fine a bit sore but overall fine. Setsuko did something happen? Why am I in bed?"

"You don't remember, dear? What is the last thing you can remember?"

"Well, I remember this is one of my rare days off, I was dueling with Aki, and if I'm correct received a call from work then...then Aki attacked me with her monster. Honey, it...... it felt real like the monster came to life and hit me against the wall."

"That because it was real, Hideo-san. After you passed out a mark shaped like a claw appeared on her right arm. She.... she started crying before running back to her room and locking herself in there, but not before making sure you were okay, I tried call out to her but she won't open the door."

"God, and how long has it been already?"

"3 hours. She won't come out no matter what I say. What should we do Hideo-san?"

"Let me try to talk to her."

"But..."

"It's my fault that she got upset in the first place."

"Let me help you up."

The two older Izayoi slowly moved to the room of their daughter, Setsuko insisting Hideo take it easy. Upon reaching the door, Hideo knocked gently, with no reply from the young girl.

"Aki, honey open up."

.......

"Aki I know you're in there."

.......

"Please, Aki open the door. Let me talk to you."

"NO!"

"It not your fault Aki. It was mine so, please, open the door so we can talk."

"No! I'm a monster!! I don't want to talk."

"Please, Aki."

.......

.....

....

....

click

The bedroom door opened to show Aki with a blanket wrapped around her, hiding her face from Hideo and Setsuko, though sobbing sounds could still be heard from under it. Hideo knelt down to the floor and gently touched her shoulder.

"Look at me, honey. You're not a monster. What you did was not in your control, so don't blame yourself."

"Hic.... but.... hic... you... sob.... hurt..."

"You were not yourself then, honey, so please stop crying. Daddy's here."

"Hic.... hic... hic... Daddy!!"

Aki jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck, crying into his collarbone. She dropped the blanket on the way revealing red-rimmed eyes from all the crying. The father just kept quietly patting her head and rubbing small circles while she cried her eyes out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After hours of crying Aki finally became too tired and fell asleep against her father. Hideo carefully picked her up, settled her on her bed, and tucked her in, before he got a chair to sit next to her bed and began softly patting her hair again. He let out a heavy sigh and moved his other hand up to rub his temple. Setsuko came up to put her hands on her husband's shoulders.