𝘇𝗲𝗿𝗼. he was a stranger, nevertheless

zero

zero . . . he was a stranger, nevertheless

 he was a stranger, nevertheless

It was mid-winter when Kang Eun-Bi found herself immersed in the pitfalls of a black depression ── so crippling, its darkness so blindingly severe, she couldn't see a way out of it. There was no trace of light penetrating the steel walls of the cold, black tunnel that became her home.

To the outer world, she was the girl who had it all: rich parents, a successful brother, and a promising future. She was thriving in her academics, ready to walk in her parent's footsteps one day.

She was only seventeen years old and was living a fiercely independent life in one of the most sought-after cities in South Korea.

The world was her fucking oyster, right?

She had an endless supply of stunning and successful girlfriends. The girls who can silence a riotous and noisy room with just their magnetic, effervescent presence. Eun-Bi appeared to teem with boundless potential. An enviable entity who radiated with the vigorous glow of high self-esteem.

She never left the house without makeup, and her nail polish never chipped.

"You're the kid I don't have to worry about," her father, whom she loved dearly, would tell him, his face beaming with pride.

If only they knew.

If only they knew.

If only they knew.

If only they knew she was swallowing a secret so razor-sharp, its pointed blade incessantly pierced the surface of her heart.

A secret she was attempting to bury deep within herself because she was terrified of what might happen if it were to come crashing to the surface.

She didn't want any of this.

In fact, she had no idea what she wanted. Talking to her parents was never an option. And if she did end up talking to them, it would either end with her parents lashing out at her or them arguing with each other.