35

"There you go." I chuckled.

"Ngingiti ka rin pala, kailangan ko pa talaga magspeech para lang mangyari yan?"

"Ewan ko sa'yo, Beatriz. Umalis na nga tayo rito bago pa ako umiyak ulit sa ka-cornyhan mo!"

She said and pinched my nose.

"Wanna eat?" I asked her.

"Gutom na ako kaya tama lang yang desisyon mong tanungin ako tungkol sa pagkain." she said laughingly.

"Then let's find something to eat."

"Beatriz."

"Yes?" I stopped from starting the engine of my car to give her my full attention.

"Thank you."

"For?"

"For everything." she leaned in and kissed my right cheek.

Nagpa-cute na lang ako para itagong I felt kilig. You know, between the both of us, I was the one who acts tough. Kunwari strong tayo.

"You're welcome. Let's go. Gutom ka na." I said and drove to find a place to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you sa paghatid sa akin dito ha."

"No problem, Doc. Ako sumundo sayo, of course ako rin maghahatid sayo."

"Personal driver yarn?" she joked.

"Pwede." I responded and we both laughed.

I am happy she's feeling better now.

"I think you need to work na." I told her after our laughs died down.

She looked at her wrist watch and realized the time.

"Ah oo nga pala. Ahm, so..."

"See you sa semis?" I asked her.

She nodded and smiled. "Yeah, of course. See you sa semis. I hope your team plays well."

"Okay. Will I fetch you then?"

"No need. I'll be there after my duty."

"Okay. Aasahan ko yan, ha."

She smiled so I kissed her on her forehead before letting her work.

"Bye." I waved my hand at her.

"Bye."

"See you." I smiled.

"See you."

I put my hands inside my pants' pocket and turned around to leave the hospital.

I want to visit Miguel but I think the visiting hours is not scheduled today so I just walked towards the exit to go to the office.

But I suddey stopped on my tracks when I saw someone.

"Hey, Deanna!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

J H O A N A

"Hey." I called out Bea who just finished huddling the team.

They lost the game 3 of the semis and they are not advancing to the finals.

She smiled bitterly and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Nanghihinayang lang." she said with a sad tone. "We almost were about to go to the championship. If we were just able to sustain our performance from game 1."