s e v e n

It was safe to assume the two best friends had blacked out last night. But considering Clyde woke up that morning in a bed and not on the floor, he'd say it was one of his better black outs. Clyde had already thrown up once in the bathroom sink, having woken up miserably early. He didn't usually get super strong headaches, just nausea so this was pretty typical. He let out a small groan to match Craig's from the bedroom.

Craig couldn't remember what time he fell asleep last night. All he could remember was falling asleep on the living room couch but now he was regaining consciousness in the shared bedroom with Clyde. The first thing he felt was the sharp pain in his head as the sunlight from the window blinded him. He let out an agitated groan and swatted at the light as if that was going to solve any of his discomfort. He probably looked dumb and a little pathetic in that state, trying to cover his eyes from the sun and his eyebrows scrunched up in discomfort.

"What fucking time is it?" He grumbled, not really paying attention to his surroundings yet to really notice if Clyde was even in the room with him.

"11am.. rise and shine." Clyde said, his voice gross and thick. He didn't want to be caught with retch breath, so the sound of his gurgling could be heard from the connecting bathroom when he took a swig of mouthwash.

Craig was rather surprised that it was not past noon considering how late they presumably stayed up. "Fuck you." He simply replied back, glaring towards the bathroom though he knew Clyde couldn't see him. Craig was back to his normal sober self.

He promptly spat out his mouthwash then snorted immediately at Craig's response. He really should have expected something like that. But it was a bit difficult to leave the headspace he had been in all last night, able to be touchy and talk all he wanted with Craig in complete honesty. Who cares. Clyde was friends with sober Craig way before drunk Craig was even an option. "You asked, asshole." He drawled after making his breath more bearable at the sink.

Craig waved his hand dismissively, showing that he didn't care if he asked or not. Even if Clyde couldnt see it.

"Probably no breakfast left for us." Clyde grumbled as an addition, still looking at himself in the mirror. He could tell by the smell in the air that breakfast had been a while ago. You could say that Clyde had a nose for bacon.

Craig quickly remembered back to the night before, laying on the sand with the brunet, thinking things that crossed normal platonic lines in his thought process. He shook his head subtly at the memory. After getting out of his thoughts, he finally sat up and stretched, the sheets falling onto his lap and revealing his chest. "I'm sure you can find something." He said simply with a roll of his eyes.

Clyde walked out of the bathroom with slightly damp hair and a towel around his neck. He looked over to Craig and bit the inside of his cheek. "Yeah whatever, you know I can eat anything." He glanced away from Craig and his chest and instead looked over at the room's dresser. "You look like shit by the way." Clyde smiled to himself mischievously.

Craig got himself up, putting his arms up and stretching more properly before quickly grabbing the sunglasses Clyde had given him and putting them on. He let out a small sigh of relief at the now dimmer environment around him. He looked over at Clyde flipped him off in retaliation before looking through his suitcase for a shirt to put on.

Clyde peeked back at Craig and rolled his eyes, still keeping a small smile. He was glad to see his sunglasses being put to use, and to see Craig being so bothered over a little light. Yeah, he wasn't feeling himself either, but he could always handle a bit more discomfort when someone else happened to be suffering just as much as him.

"Yeah, well maybe if you could vomit quieter I would've been able to sleep longer." Craig retorted.

Clyde looked mildly surprised at such a sharp comeback. Looks like Craig wasn't as out of it as he thought.