Chapter One- Bee Stings

It's  like a bee sting. The only difference is, it wasn't a bee. And wasn't like a little pinch that went away after a while. It was like a sharp sting that lingered. A sting that stung more when it was cleaned. Into a bath, the steaming water making the stings burn red hot. The lines of the stings stretching over our swollen skin leaving scars that remind us of the sting and how it felt, and how we miss it. The lines of red leaking into the clear water, leaving a peice of me in the world somewhere. And it wasn't like a bee sting in the sense that, bee stings don't sting when you put on a jumper to hide them. And its not like a bee sting because you don't have to hide a bee sting from everyone around you. Nor do you have to hide the bee that stung you. And when you tell people about the bee sting they dont look at you like you're crazy. They don't hide bees from you. They don't call you attention seeking or selfish for getting stung by a bee.

So, it's not really like a bee sting at all.

Getting stung by a bee isn't your fault. Nor is it theirs. They're just scared and trying to protect themselves. So, is that what I do? Protect myself with bee stings? Maybe it's a way to say, if I sting myself, you don't need to sting me because I've already been stung. I've learnt my lesson you don't have to sting me twice. Does that even make sense? My poor skin doing its best to heal the bee stings I create, just for me to make new bee stings when I need to protect myself.

Maybe I'm the bee. I sting myself beacuse I threaten myself the way a person threatens a bee. I sting anyone, including myself, that gets too close to my space. I sting them and sting them until I have no stinger to sting with. And when bees sting people, the people they sting get angry because they're hurt. Hurt by this small little thing that is lower on the food chain, they're upset because this small little thing hurt them. That can be broken by one little sting. One that is so selfless and stupid that it would risk it's life for everyone else. They find that silly. So they hurt the bee. The bee dies eventually and then, when the stinging stops, they forget about the bee.

There are two types if people. The bee, and the invadors of their space.