Something I Just Can't Explain

Blood, so much blood covered my body. I slowly stood up off of my knees and looked down at the floor. Everywhere, and everything was covered in blood. Holding my trembling hands out in front of me, I examined them. Torn flesh, and a warm red liquid covered them. I could barely see my own pale skin underneath it all.My breathing started to become frantic, and tears began to overwhelm my eyes. Quickly I shook the image of my bloody hands out of my head and placed my hands on my thighs.

Looking around the blackened room, I couldn't see anything except what was underneath a single light. The light's greenish color made the room look eerie, and I started to become even more scared by the minute. I looked down at my feet and my heart dropped. I couldn't breathe, this was just to painful to imagine, to painful to see.

A boy's torn up, lifeless body layed in front of me. Laying on his stomach, a pool of blood surrounded him, and a trail of blood lead right to me. My knees gave out beneath me, and I fell to the floor. Timidly, I reached my hand out and moved his brown hair out of his face. I could only see one side of his face. His baby blue eyes, were open in shock, and his black pupils grew wider. I placed two of my fingers against his neck to check his pulse. Nothing. Oh my god....did I kill him? And even if I did, I don't remember doing so..

One of the boy's arms was stretched out in front of him, clenched into a fist. I reached over and prided his hand open to find a piece of crumpled up notebook paper.  I took the paper and opened it up, blood was stained on it and I could barely read what it said. Except for a couple of words written in black ink.

"Something I just can't explain..."