Haven

Octavia led a grumbling Clarke through the woods, "Would you stop that?" Octavia groaned.

"Well I just don't understand why we have to go so far just because you want a swim." Clarke huffed. Octavia rolled her eyes, "Clarke. We're on the ground! I want to see different things, I want to explore!"

Clarke smiled lightly, "Well it's your fault if we get lost." Octavia grinned, grabbing Clarkes hand and dragging her through the woods. Clarkes eyes widened before she tumbled to the ground after tripping on a tree root, almost bringing Octavia down with her. "Would you calm down!" Clarke huffed, wiping her dirty hands on her trousers.

"Sorry." Octavia mumbled, hiding her smirk. Octavia turned her head slightly, hearing the faint rush of water. "Do you hear that?" Octavia laughed.

"What?" Clarke said, lifting herself off the ground and brushing herself off. "Water!" Octavia smiled, rushing off towards the noise and leaving Clarke behind.

Clarke frowned as Octavia ran off without her. "Why did I come." she grumbled, setting off in the direction that Octavia had run.

"Octavia!" Clarke called, growing increasingly annoyed that she couldn't find her friend. She was about to call again when there was a rustling and a hand enclosed around her own, pulling her into a bush.

"What the hell-" Clarke began as soon as she saw it was Octavia, who covered Clarkes mouth and shushed her. "Look." she whispered, turning her head. Clarke shook her head before looking to see what was so interesting.

Lexa sat on a large rock, leaning back on one hand, with her other hand lazily stroking the huge wolf that lay beside her. Her head was tilted back slightly and her eyes were closed, she looked peaceful. It was a good change from her hardened glare and emotionless mask.

"I think we should leave. We shouldn't disturb her." Clarke whispered, though she didn't particularly want to, she liked seeing Lexa this way. "But what's she doing here?" Octavia replied curiously. "I don't know." Clarke mumbled.

Lexa let out a long breath and smiled, a real genuine smile, before speaking softly, "I miss you, Costia." As soon as she said it, a wind blew around her, leaves drifting around her and lightly caressing her face as her hair ruffled in the wind. She let out a light laugh that carried through the wind. It was a beautiful and rare sound.

Clarke had never seen Lexa this way, she wished she was like this more often. She was even more beautiful. "Come on, Octavia." Clarke whispered. She felt like she was intruding on Lexa and she wanted to give her some privacy. "Ok, ok." Octavia sighed.

Lexa's smile immediately disappeared as she heard a crack of a twig. She stood up quickly, her eyes scanning the woods around her, she quickly regained her composure and put her mask back on. "Who's there?" she called, her voice hard. She heard another crack. "Come out. NOW." she yelled. The wolf that lay next to her growled and snapped its teeth towards the noise.

Slowly and unsurely, Octavia and Clarke emerged from the trees. "I'm sorry, really-" Clarke started, but Lexa silenced her with one long, hard glare. As soon as she had set eyes on the Skaikru, anger consumed her. They should not be here. "Did you follow me?" Lexa said, her voice calm but a storm in her eyes. "Of course not, we were just looking for somewhere to chill." Octavia replied. Lexa did not understand what Octavia meant nor did she care, "Why here?" Lexa said. "We heard the-" Clarke tried, but was interrupted by Octavia, "Who's Costia?" Octavia asked cautiously.

Lexa stopped, they had been watching her. She felt violated. First they were here, in their place, their haven and now she had listened to and seen things she would never say or do in the company of other people. "Octavia!" Clarke mumbled, warning in her tone as she took in the way Lexa reacted. "I want you to leave." Lexa responded after a few seconds. "Now." she said, her voice cold and her eyes even colder. She lay her hand gently on the wolfs back as it once again growled at the sky people.

"We're going." Clarke said, grabbing Octavia and turning her around and leading her away. As she did, Lexa spoke again, "Do not come back." There was a danger in her voice.

Once they had gone, Lexa sighed, slowly moving back to her previous position, thought visibly more tense and not nearly as happy. She felt the wind around her again, giving her comfort.

She closed her eyes and remembered Costia. She remembered her forest green eyes and how they lured you in. She remembered her wavy brown hair that glistened in the sun. She remembered the smile that lit up everything. She remembered her laugh and how it sounded like a melody. But most of all she remembered her soft touch and how she craved it, took comfort in it and how Costia would caress her face and tell Lexa that she loved her.

This was as close to Costia as she could be. This was still their place, still their haven.