Prologue

Jakarta, January 2024.

In the artificial glow of Jakarta's city light, she harbored a disdain for the night sky. Its barren expanse lacked the celestial jewels that once captivated humanity. Amid the lively chatter of affluent gatherings, she felt adrift, a solitary figure amidst the sea of opulence. The cloying scent of wealth hung heavy in the air, mingling with the artificiality that surrounded her.

Standing by the pool, clutching a glass of white wine, she contemplated escaping to the solitude of her apartment. But then, a familiar warmth enveloped her, drawing her away from her thoughts. It was him, her constant source of comfort and joy. His presence dispelled her unease, igniting the familiar flutter of butterflies in her stomach.

"I missed you today, babe," He confessed, his guilt palpable in his voice. As she tangled her fingers in his tousled hair, she marveled at its hues, a mesmerizing blend of light brown and gold. His eyes, dark and intense, held her gaze. They might resemble hazel to some, but to her, they are a tapestry of greens and browns, each hue distinct yet harmonious, weaving together to form the most mesmerizing gaze she has ever encountered.

Before she could respond, a foreign accent intruded, shattering the moment. A tall figure, elegantly dressed in a black tuxedo and holding a champagne flute, strode towards them. His words carried a weight she couldn't ignore, "Back to New York, eh?".

The realization struck her like a cold gust of wind, chilling her to the core. In that instant, she knew her world would be forever altered, the darkness of uncertainty eclipsing the once familiar glow of her sky.