𝟎𝟒|𝐇𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲...𝐎𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞?

𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐎𝐍

𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ( 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑂𝑢𝑡 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐻𝑎𝑢𝑛𝑡 𝑀𝑒)

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

── ✦ 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐇'𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃.

In his opinion, life was either really good to you or just straight up terrible-there simply was no inbetween.

Before he was seven and everything turned to shit, life was good. He had a dad who was still very much alive, and said dad was the most wonderful person he'd ever known in his entire life- and he still remains to be. He went to a decent elementary school where the corridor walls were pristine in all their un-graffitied glory, and the teachers were exceptionally nice. He even had a few friends, as ridiculous as that might sound.

But then he turned seven, and his dad died in the most gruesome way possible-and suddenly everything went downhill. It was like fate was patiently waiting for that specific turning point in his life to start throwing everything it had to offer at him.

Ending up at the orphanage. The dehumanizing treatment from literally everyone around him. The constant, unreasonable homophobia. The bullying. The fighting. The way he started looking at other people in the way that he was only meant to look at girls. The whole 'Oh, Greek Mythology is actually real and you're a demigod and monsters are constantly out to kill you' thing.

And then there was this.

"Come on. You're really not going to answer even a single one of our questions?" It was one of the girls from the previous night-Camille O'Neil, as he'd so unfortunately come to learn. She had been standing outside the unnecessarily gigantic house he spent the night in, arms crossed as she leaned on one of the pillars, her lips quirking in an obnoxious little grin that suggested she knew something he didn't, and it was nothing short of irritating.

He'd only spared her a fleeting glance and rushed past her before she could begin spewing that stupid prophecy again like some kind of maniac. And of course, she trailed behind him, asking even more questions, while he was so obviously trying to get away from her.

"You know, the entire camp thinks you're siding with the traitors- some kind of spy sent to help their army infiltrate our borders. And with the way you're acting, you are definitely not helping your case," she laid out casually.

Seth actually had to stop for second to take a deep breath lest he did something stupid or dangerous, or quite possibly both.

He then turned to her and grinned sharply. "Well, I literally couldn't care less," he said. "Though it seems that my opinions don't matter to you at all so I don't know why I'm even trying."

Camille responded to that with a roll of her eyes, falling into step with him. Seth gave her a glance from the corner of his eyes then tried to speed up.

"Look, I don't like this anymore than you do, but, for some reason, I've been tasked with keeping an eye on you. And if doing that will allow me to get some info out of you then who am I to refuse?" She said with a casual shrug of her shoulders.

A couple of kids rushed past them, armed with bows and quivers full of arrows. Seth came to a stop just in time to avoid colliding with them. This near incident suddenly made him aware of his surroundings. He took a look at the lively camp, bustling with activity from the numerous children and teenagers packed all around them.

Despite the troubling times that lay ahead of them, they all looked carefree, like they had no doubt about where they belonged.

Something like envy pricked in his chest, and he scowled at the ugly feeling.