Introduction of John

Hi, my name is John. Yes, you guessed it right, it is a monosyllable name, nothing before and nothing after. Why it is monosyllable? Well it was never needed. I'm a history graduate works in a call center. And, yes they need last name too. I go with John as last name too, not solo. 

If you remember the movie solo, Han's last name is solo because it is a monosyllable name and he is needed and he is escaping solo and has no name so guy decides to name him solo. 

I know it is bullshit, but it doesn't matter he was fleeing. For me when, they asked my last name. I didn't even knew we need to have one. So I was asked if I have a last name or family name or anything. Well it never needed as everyone knew me from my first name. I did my initial schooling in monastery. They least bothered about my last name. They never cared to know my last name or anything about my life. I was getting food and learnt to read and write. I was taught about the Buddha too. It never interested me. I never really accepted Buddha and it was fun. The monk Tsering and Tenzin were fun. They always came to save me, when someone tried to push things far. They kept things liberal and allowed me to learn the way I want. 

The things that interested me was stories. I liked reading stories but I liked hearing more. I couldn't bring myself to read a long story. I always felt it was too boring for me to read. Tenzin was a great story teller and he told me story from around the world. They were less of story and more of experiences and retelling of experiences that he has heard. 

I like his story, it was raw and best part there was no good or evil part. Being a monk, he taught me how to live life. I loved eating chicken and they knew. But they never tried to talk me out not eating it. But they asked me to abstain from coming to monastery for two days from time I eat meat to purify. 

I respected them and I kept meat consumption to minimal. They never stopped and I never overdo it. 

Fast forward, I graduated in history in my bachelors. Not good grades but I graduated. Tsering has come to celebrate as my guardian. He smiled, I was not so proud. But he was happy. I hope Tenzin was still with us. He nodded and left. When I went to monastery, I came to know he was just pushing his journey to Lumbini for my graduation. So fast but it should be okay. Long story short. He was waiting for me to graduate and he didn't even said bye.

Two important person of my life just left me without goodbye. But again, it is fine. Attachment makes you said. They were there for you. If not them then somebody else.

Buddha had disciples but initially when he was searching for truth, the God. He couldn't. He meditated and kept fast for months and months. With time he lost all his disciples. But it was fine. He was not looking for disciples. This was the word of Tenzin for me when I asked him if he will be there for me. He was not searching for me and he was not my destiny. 

It might sound saddening by it had the truth that kept me going when I couldn't see them for year and year after I left monastery to enroll in public school to reach my destiny. A family and a lot of money. Yes, it was my goal to get two things that I never had.