Episode 2 - Crush, Chop, and Burn Part 2

You sat on one of the desks in the room. It had been cleaned out pretty well, and you nursed a cup of hot chocolate in your hands as you and the others watched Chase walk around the room, throwing things into a box under his arm.

Whatre you doing? Leo asked him. If Davenport is gonna ship us off to some remote facility, then the office supplies are coming with us. He pointedly dropped a stapler in the box, turning around to keep looking for things to take.

We just got our first taste of normal life. I was this close to getting a curfew, Bree put her fingers together in front of Leo, who was sitting next to her on the table across from you. Which I was totally gonna break! Oh! But maybe when we get to wherever were going, well meet a sassy lab chimp named Bobo who will take us on adventures and teach us how to love. Adam daydreamed, looking at Chase as he ate the dry cereal in front of him. Chase took a seat next to you, smiling.

Or, maybe youll make him angry and hell maul you and snack on your fingers. Hey! I create the monkey fantasies around here! He jumped out of his chair. Chase begrudgingly sat back and you laughed, only to frown when the sound of Eddie appearing on the screen filled the room, followed by his voice. Well, kids, I hope youve enjoyed your stay at casa Davenport. I know I havent. Sayonara!

Bree sighed. Eddie, I know we've never been the best of friends, but were gonna miss you. Aww, really? He asked hopefully. No! We hate you! Youre evil!

Where is this training facility anyway? You made quotation marks in the air, rolling your eyes. Bree, Leo, and Adam turned around to look at Eddie on the screen. You and Chase were already facing him. Facility X? Oh, its all the rage. Eddie disappeared, the screen now holding a picture of a beautiful island with waves and nature. It looked like a place most people would go on vacations to.

Thats pretty nice, Chase said to you as the others looked at each other in excitement and impressment. You nodded. Oops! Sorry, thats my screen saver. Eddie came back on. Youre going here.

He showed an image of a place where a blizzard was blowing in the background, a place to enter underground around it. It looked scary. Forget about office supplies, we should be gathering wood, Chase muttered. You all slumped as Leo pushed himself off the table, his feet hitting the floor with a thud. Man, I wish we hadnt thrown that party. You all got up too, walking with him to the other side of the room. I cant help but think this is all our fault, Oh, thats because it is your fault, Adam assured. He patted Leo on the back. It was his idea, You pointed at Leo, who looked at you like you had just killed his dog. Adam, they were only trying to help us. Well, yeah, but they did the opposite, which is not help us. The not makes it the opposite. He informed the group.

Leo sighed. Im just so bummed. Its the only place weve ever known, Adam confessed. Yeah Just think about all the memories weve shared here. You looked at Leo in the moment of silence that followed as the group reminisced on different moments from their childhood. They smiled brightly at each other at the thoughts.

We cant let Davenport send you guys away, Leo insisted. Let me talk to him. No one can say no to this million-dollar smile. Leo grinned at them. Hes gonna say no, You insisted as you chased him out of the door.

*

No! Davenport answered, closing his laptop and walking away. You frowned, leaning against the archway. But what if- Nuh-uh. Dont you think- Forget it! What if you- Davenport put his fingers in his ears, speaking a tune as Leo followed him up the stairs, pleading with him.

*

You followed Leo downstairs as the other three looked at you hopefully. Well Im pretty sure hes gonna think about it. Leo smiled at them and pointed finger guns at them. You sighed as they looked at each other hopefully.