Cheer Wars

My dream was that i would be the popular kid,but that didn't work out to well. Recently my mom got a new job,which means that I have to transfer schools. My mom and dad are divorced and live as far away from each other as possible. We used to live in North Carolina but we moved to New York City. At school I was always picked on, and at my new school I want that to change. Hopefully things go right tomorrow, because that is my first day of school. Uh-Oh!!

Today is my first day of school and I am so nervous. My new school is called West Wood Middle School. This year i am going to try out for the West Wood cheerleading squad. At my old school I didn't make it. The girls on the squad made fun if me because of how bad they thought I was. Since then I have been a cheerleader for recreation, but obviously i'm not anymore. This time I have the confidence that I will make the squad. To me I used to think that I was bad because those cheerleaders and people told me that I was bad, but ever since i have been cheerleading for recreation they have built up my confidence and made me truly see who I am. I just have to get through school first.

Finally, school is over. Worst day of my life. Everyone was laughing at me because I was the new girl. That really didn't matter to me though. I was just worried about making the cheer team. It is my turn to try out and I did loads of flips and tricks. I didn't get my results back until the next day. My mom told me that I had made the cheerleading squad. I was so overwhelmed because they only needed one more member and I was it. I have cheerleading practice everyday after school and before school. The only bad thing about being on the squad is that i heard that the head of the cheerleading squad us really mean, but a team is a team and i am not going to let the head ruin that for me.

Right now I am at cheer practice and i had to get up at 5 o'clock this morning because I had morning cheer practice. The head cheerleaders name is Lexi and se is mean. She yells at me and the other people on the team everyday and i am sick of it. I am scared to stand up to her because I'm afraid I will get kicked off of the team. This team means everything to me and I don't want to ruin it. She tells me that i am doing things wrong when i clearly am doing those things right. Everything i do she says i do it wrong. My coach is nice, but she doesn't do anything about Lexi. Lexi is all about things being perfect in her own eye. She doesn't like hearing other people's opinions. She doss things her own way. The other girls on the squad are really good too, and they are actually nice to me. The jocks are making fun of me too, but that us a different story. So far cheer is fun and i hope that never changes.

School was "OK" today. Like always people were laughing at me. The reason I'm excited is because a cheer competition is coming up, and I cant wait. There is one downer about competition time. Lexi us at her worst point. Lately she has been yelling so much. She needs to save her voice for the competition. Today at cheer practice, Lexi couldn't talk. She lost her voice! Now my ears can rest from all of the screaming and yelling. She choose another member of the team to speak for her. It was good for me because the person she chose isn't loud at all. I am so excited. Everything we have been training for was for this competition and now it is finally here. I can't wait until competition.