He's Not That Bad - Chapter 3

Roman's P.O.V
     Am I lucky that were partners right now or what? Now I can really get to know her and change her mind about me. Hopefully she can see me for me and not that guy in the coffee shop.

     "8 laps around the track with your partners, let's go!" Booms Coach Anthony's voice.

     "So why did you move from Cali all the way down here in South Florida?"

     "Why you asking? Are you go home and conduct research on me or what? All I wanna do right now is finish my la-"

     I didn't even let her finish her sentence before I snatched her up and pulled her off to the side where Coach Anthony can't see us.

     "Now you listen here little lady. How can you disrespect me so much for something I didn't even do on purpose? I at least deserve a chance and for you to get to know me before you judge me, granted that you've already done that! Just don't act like this cause I'm actually a pretty dope ass nigga if I may say so." She looked at me shocked.

"Boy you better be lucky I don't got friends yet!" She nearly shouted. "I'll see how "dope" you are while we finish these laps and then I'll see if you're worth more of my time."

Well I was not about to lose this opportunity so I dragged her back onto the track as fast as I could to talk to her as much as I can. We were about to be closer than tile on floor when I was done with her!

"So what's you're full name?" I asked.

"Devynn Embry Hart. How about you? What's your full name?"

     "Roman Coen Stevens. And you have a sexy as name little shorty." I said.

    "Thanks your name is cute too."

     "What is your nationality?"

     "I'm Haitian and Peurto Rican." she said.

     "I'm full blooded Jamaican."

     We went on and until we finished all of our laps. Not a dull moment went by without us speaking. After we were done it felt like we were only talking for a short minute.

     "I guess you're not that bad Stevens!" She screamed before running to the girls locker room.

Devynn's P.O.V

So I guess I did misjudge Roman. I mean he is very nice and handsome. 6'4, light hazel eyes, a really nice and built body and best of all that cat scratch he has melts my soul!

    I was bent down putting my gym clothes into my bag when I heard two girls talking.

"That boy Roman is put it down on me last night girl!"

"Why you lying? "

     "Hand on the bible girl I promise he did a real good job too."

     " you better not try to stay with that boy, we all know he a player!"

     "You ain't Neva lie girl its a damn shame tho" is all I heard before they left just as fast as they came in.

     I must be a damn fool for not knowing this boy was gonna play me just like the rest. Can't believe I even gave him a chance. I was right from the start!