The world bites (I bite back, and crazy I am deemed)

A/N: Hello guys, and welcome back to another chapter! Hope you like today's chapter!

AU: The world is gruesome. It's hurt Izuku. But when he tries to fight back, tries to not break, why is he the one deemed violent and wild?

-------

"You're useless."

Midoriya flinches despite the familiar words having haunted him countless times before.

A yelp of pain.

Another wave of heat.

Another scar.

"You always will be. You will never be a hero."

Looking up, his emerald eyes clouded over with tears, Izuku thought that the boy in front of him, with an ashen-gold halo for hair and with rubies for eyes; well, the hero he had always aspired to be rang with a snide shadow.

The classroom suddenly turned to cerulean skies.

The desks turned to an unkept rooftop.

Crimson glare turned to a pitiful glance.

"You will never be a hero..you should be realistic, my boy.., no matter how hard you try..I'm sorry, Izuku!" the voices melded into one another.

There's always been a veil covering Izuku's gaze.

A veil of light, of hope, of promises.

Of a boy he had once trusted his life with, in sauntering summers.

Of a hero he had once idolised, in solemn stars.

But the sun burns, and the stars die.

The veil snaps.

----

Another heated slap forcefully makes Izuku turn to the side, but Midoriya cannot feel it underneath the bubbling and boiling anger in him.

When the hand goes to strike again, Izuku strikes back, and the shock sends Katsuki reeling back.

"What do you get out of this?" Midoriya asks, shadows casting over his eyes, his face perfectly stoic and cold, "A sick sense of thrill? Superiority? A feeling of accomplishment?"

"I don't have to explain anything to you, Deku." Katsuki spits out, a snarl placated on his face as he glares at the boy in front of him with suspicion. 

It was unusual...he doesn't think he'd ever seen the boy so...well, so nothing. 

Deku was always full of emotion: fear, nervousness, excitement, fascination...every part of him buzzed with emotion. 

Standing in front of him was a shell of that. 

"So why do I?" he asked, looking up to meet Katsuki's eyes dead-on with broken, sharded, viridant ones, oozing with reds and blacks and greys, the anger glowing through those eyes.