Chapter 1

7 years ago

"Go get the ball!", he yelled from the back.

"Wait a minute, it got lost in the bushes".

"I think I shouldn't have kicked it so hard, I'll come help".

"Ardennn...", whined Madison while she stares at him with an annoyed expression, which only lead to a sardonic smirk on his face.

"Sorry", he said while snickering.

"Stop laughing, come and help me".

Minutes passed by; they were still looking for that ball but they didn't find it though.

"Quit looking, it's lost now", said Arden.

"I guess so, but it's not my fault". Madison stated.

"Is it?", he said.

"No, it's not".

It was almost 7:00 p.m., It was quite dull and just like a typical summer evening, the sky was engulfed in the dim blue light.

"Gotta go! see you in school tomorrow" Madison muttered.

"Oh, I'll get going too. Bye..."

They both turned to their homes, and started walking silently through the park. The sidewalks wore a look of emptiness, only occupied by the silent figures that melted into their own quiet shadows.

Arden reached home , jumped onto his bed and opened the book that he started reading recently. He was 9 but more mature than the ones around him. He had a lot of things running through his mind. He was just like those paintings in the museum. The one where there are angles with blood trickling down their bodies and people over people, it's chaotic. So obscure that it's beautiful. It's so overwhelming and dark. 

He started to read the book and slowly begun to dissolve in the alphabets , words and sentences but to his surprise something kept distracting him from what he was doing. It was her , or maybe the thought of her. He doesn't know how it started or how it will end, but the candle of his affection kept burning dimly all this time without her noticing.

"Was it fading away?", he thought.

He was unconsciously obsessed with that feeling. It didn't feel fuzzy or made the world disappear into the background. It rather felt like overthinking , loneliness and desperation. It was unrealistic but also possessing. It was something that felt uncertain and unexpected. 

"Does she know?" he thought. 

"Maybe yes or maybe no". It was ambiguous.

Thinking about it more made him drift off to sleep and the tiredness  of the day took over him. A thousand voices howling in his head while he felt more and more insentient every single second. It was oddly comforting and consoling. It was all so messed up and puzzled and to overcome it , he felt it would cost all his thoughts for which he was probably to naive for.

Suddenly he was asleep...

( Ik this chapter is like super small but I am really lazy )