Fire pit and ghost stories

The sun is starting to set on the first day of staying at the lake. Billy's trying to make a fire and Stu is trying to help but in the end is just annoying Billy. You're in your room changing into different clothes to avoid bug bites. You put on some black flared jeans and a light long sleeved shirt. You head out into the kitchen and grab some drinks. Before you left you told them you don't drink and they respected that. Billy bought some root beer in bottles just for the hell of it and you bring them down to the fire. Billy and Stu are still figuring how to get the lighter to turn on. The fire pit is all set up with logs and sticks and some newspaper to get it to light. You sit on a bench outside as Stu flicks the lighter. "Jesus this thing must be like ancient. Damn thing won't light." You see small sparks but nothing substantial enough to light a fire.

"Just go find another one man." Billy says. Stu gets up and walks back to the house. Billy's sitting on the bench too. He moves closer to you and smiles. "I'm sorry it's taking so long (Y/N). It's pretty boring here at night."

"It's ok Billy. It's always fun when I'm in your company. Stu is another form of entertainment on his own." You both chuckle.

"Yeah he is. He's kinda dumb but in a charming way. Like when he asked me if I wanted to date him he asked me if I was gay. I had almost on a daily basis for a week did confirm I am in fact still into guys. But he's very sweet. He's very clingy when we're alone. Very touchy, I honestly don't mind but he's taller than me so it's kinda awkward having him bending down a bit to put his head on my shoulder."

"You two seem like a great couple. I honestly feel like I'm their wheeling sometimes with you guys." You look at the ground and mess with the rocks at your feet. Billy moves his hand and puts it on top of yours.

"If we didn't want you around we wouldn't invite you. Don't feel like you're third wheeling. Sometimes there more than meets the eye you know?" You nod and smile a bit. 'Is he flirting? How do I respond without like being too blunt? Is he just saying we're good friends?'

"Yeah I know. I like hanging out with you guys too. I feel close to you guys already. I mean it hasn't been super long only like a month but I mean I can tell we're gonna have a long relationship. Friend relationship, of course you know? I don't wanna confuse you."

"Well of course. But things can change with time you know? But I'll always be happy to be friends." Billy rubs his thumb on the top of your hand and you turn pink. You head Stu coming back and you try to push down how flustered you feel.

"Alright this one works. We can finally do the cliché summer thing and make a fire. Maybe we shouldn't. You're already red in the face (Y/N)." Stu teases. You roll your eyes.

"Fuck off Stu just start the fire."

"Alright, alright." He lights some newspaper and soon the logs and sticks are engulfed in flames. Stu sits next to Billy and the three of you open a bottle and start talking like you usually do. Stu's got his arm around Billy when his face lights up. He whispers something to Billy and he nods. Billy stands up and sets down his bottle.

"I'll be right back." He says.

"Famous last words!" Stu shouts back at him. You chuckle and Stu moves closer to you. "You know this place is pretty close to a summer camp that used to be active in the 80's? Aparently a lot of kids died there."

"Oh yeah? Was it like accidents or something?" You ask finishing your bottle.

"No it was this girl named Angela. It was mostly revenge. Like she tried to kill this cook at the camp by pouring boiling water all over him. Aparently he was a pedo who tried to molest her." You frown and set your bottle down.

"I mean the man deserved it. What about everyone else?"

"Oh you know kids who bullied her, councilers who didn't care. One girl got a curling iron shoved inside of her. They found her and took her to a mental hospital but she escaped years later and killed herself at the camp. Legend has it that her spirit still haunts the lake today." He says getting oddly serious. You roll your eyes.

"Stu ghosts aren't actually really. There's not science behind it. You're not gonna scare me with these stupid stories." There's a big gust of wind and some rustling in the bushes behind you. Stu smiles stupidly and you roll your eyes. "Stop trying to scare me. It's not gonna work man. I watched day of the dead when I was 12. Not the best decision but still, I'm not easily scared."

"If you say so. But if you do get scared don't forget to jump into my arms." He jokes. You laugh and shove him a bit.

"Oh my god man, if I did get scared I'd go back inside. Speaking of where the hell is Billy. What did he even need to do?" You ask looking back to the house. Stu moves closer to you.

"He's probably on a call by now or something. Or he might have been taken."

"Stu stop being dumb. There's no such thing as ghosts." You feel a pair of arms wrap around your waist and you get pulled back onto the ground. You let out a scream and hear laughing. It's Billy. Stu and Billy tried to scare you and it worked. "Oh my god you assholes!" You yell, Billy still has you wrapped in his arms, but honestly you don't mind.