Part 11: Big tunnels, big troubles.

Kumoko logs number 345: We found ourselves in unfamiliar territory, surrounded by hostile monster wasps. While our shelter is currently holding on, we can still hear the maddening buzzing of the wasp outside, a constant reminder of our current situation. Currently, we have two ways out: either the way we came or venture deeper into unknown territory. War is hell, but I'm here to conquer it!

"Hmm... Rimuru, is she okay? She has been making faces while scribbling on the floor. "

"Oh, yes, Kumoko is just inside her mind palace at the moment, don't worry about it. She just gets like that when she starts to think about a plan or scheme or just wants to be by herself; she'll eventually come out; just give her a little privacy. "

"Right..."

At last, our path is clear. Since climbing our way back up would leave us exposed and at risk of being overwhelmed, especially while fighting against gravity. The only way to follow is onward! It's a good thing I have two allies with the power to manipulate the earth beneath us. The plan is simple: we would dig our way toward the exit while the wasps are too busy trying to break into our shelter, but of course, that's not enough, no sir! I demand retribution! For they have the audacity to stab me in my prominent spider behind! An explicit declaration of war from the wasp toward all spider kinds! And I shall not stay idle at such an offense! I'll set a poison and web trap inside the shelter that will detonate once they breach our defense, snaring them and dooming them to a slow poisonous death! Whahaha! Brilliant! Absolute brilliance! I said as I twirled my authentic evil mustache that was totally not made out of my web. Now it's time to inform my allies of my grand plan!

"I have a plan on how to get out."

"Dig a tunnel?"

Rimuru asked.

"... Yes."

Oh, no! Had my mental fortress once again been compromised? I thought he promised he wouldn't read my mind again! Maybe I got too excited and thought too loudly? No, no! Quick, Kumoko, empty your mind! Think about the Wii theme music!

"Wait!! Kumoko, don't panic! That was just the suggestion that Great Sage gave me. I didn't read your mind, I promise! "

Rimuru clarifies.

"Oh, okay."

Oh, be still, my spider heart... hearts? How many hearts does a spider have? Never mind, who thinks Rimuru is scaring me like that? Of course, Great Sage Sensei came up with the same plan I did. It doesn't matter; she is a worthy rival. She helps keep my mind sharp, and, plus, I one-upped her since digging was just one-half of my master plan.

"The next step in my plan is to set a poison trap here that will pop the moment their stingers go through the rock. That way, it will get them off our back. "

"Having a little revenge, aren't you?"

Rimuru replied in a playful tone.

"Perhaps."

I mean, can't you blame me? I almost died again because of them, and thanks to our magical senses, we can safely dig our way toward the exit without peering out to make sure we're on the right track.

Rimuru sighs.

"Okay, Kiyohime and I will start digging. You prepare the trap and watch our back. "

Rimuru said, before I gave him a salute with one of my legs.

"Aye, aye, captain."

And so, we set our plan in motion. While Rimuru took the lead at first with the digging, Kiyohime would eventually take over, as she could manipulate the earth faster and better than Rimuru. It must have been a species advantage to be an earth dragon baby. As they dug the hole, I wove a nice stretchy balloon for me to fill with a nice special cocktail of poison. Once it filled up, I closed it and jumped down the hole they had dug. To my surprise, they had made quite a tunnel in such a short amount of time.