Intro

We all know how the story goes...

Once upon a time, a great evil returned after years and years of anticipating revenge and power...

"You and your brothers were fools to believe that I would never return!" Kronos vented. "After all of these centuries, I have regained my power and am stronger than ever before! You shall regret chopping me up and throwing me into Tartarus!"

Kronos places his hand on Hades' left arm. Hades would have screamed in pain from the burning sensation in his arm. Hades, having pyrokinesis, had never been burned before. When Kronos pulled his hand away, the mark of the titan lord was revealed.

A scythe.

"You have now been marked with my cursed symbol," Kronos sneered.

No duh, Hades thought. Did his father have to narrate everything?

"Now," Kronos continued, "I shall destroy this world that you know, right in front of you and your pathetic brothers. My reign begins NOW!"

Wicked forces from the past return...

"Everything is going to be fine," Mal told herself out loud.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," someone behind her sneered.

Mal tensed up and her heart dropped down to her stomach. She felt like screaming. Mal hadn't heard that voice in almost three years. She slowly turned around.

"Mother?!" she gasped.

***

"You don't understand," Maleficent almost whispered. "It is too late for me. I will never be accepted. I will not be leaving this kingdom without teaching it a lesson." The mistress of evil began to chant a spell.

Mal moved on instinct. "And now I command, scepter to my hand!" The dragon's eye scepter shot out of Maleficent's hand and landed in Mal's. Maleficent's eyes widened.

"Don't make me have to curse you," Mal warned, magically binding her mother's hands together. "You've already made me late for my meeting."

***

"But... I thought she couldn't learn to love," Ben said. Mal scowled.

"That's not what Fairy Godmother said," Mal replied, a little defensively.

"Can I speak?" Maleficent asked, looking bored.

"No!" Mal and Ben yelled at the same time. They glared at each other.

And others were used against their own will as a weapon of evil...

Time seemed to slow as Mal stepped up to Hades.

Hades, who wasn't Hades. There was someone else there. That someone was he who wanted Mal to let go of her guard. He lingered there, like a dark spirit.

The spirit was full of madness, anger, and hate. It was chaotic and cold, like internal darkness. Mal didn't know how, but she could sense him in her father. She could almost feel the darkness that wasn't there before. And this darkness was hurting her father.