The Kiss: Duncan x reader #1

You stepped into your cabin and sat on your bed, no one else was inside but you. Grabbing your sketchbook out of your bag you began to draw, it didn't last very long as you were exhausted from today's challenge. Opening your bag you put your sketch book back in there after drawing a quick sketch of you and duncan. Duncan was your best friend and you loved him very much but you had a hard time figuring out your feelings so you didn't know if you were content being just friends or not. You looked outside the cabin window to see some of your teammates having fun, you wanted to join them but you just didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. After you put on something a little more comfy, Somebody knocked on the cabin door. Looking up you saw duncan standing there.

"Why are you in here alone? Depressing much." He walked over to you and sat down.

"I just wanted to relax inside." You replied and looked away from him.

"Anything wrong." He put his hand on your shoulder.

"It's nothing, you don't need to worry." You turned in towards him looking down. He put his his hand under your chin and made you look up at him.

"I may not be the best with words but I am always here for you if you need to talk." He got up to leave and turned towards the door.

Before he could walk away though you grabbed his arm.

"Stay with me." You looked up at him. and he sat back down next to you.

You layed your head down oh his lap and closed your eyes. He patted you on the head for a minute, just to make you feel more relaxed.

"Ready for a new challenge tomorrow?" Duncan asked.

"Not really, I'm pretty tired as is already." You replied keeping your eyes closed.

"Don't worry I'll just carry you the whole way." You couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

"Physically or mentally?" You replied and opened your eyes for a moment.

"Depends on the challenge, sweetheart." He looked down at you.

You both stared into each other's eyes a moment and then you sat up. Duncan seemed a bit confused by this.

"Didn't you say you were tired." Duncan scooted closer to you.

"Yeah but you don't need to be my human pillow or anything." You could feel duncan staring at you even without looking.

"Well whatever." Duncan layed back against the wall.

"Why don't you go talk to our other team mates?" You looked back at duncan.

"Why would I?" Duncan kept the same expression he had on earlier on.

"Well y'know.. Courtney's out there." You mumble the last part just loud enough for him to here.

"Coutney? Why would I want to talk to her?" Duncan seemed genuinely confused.

"Well you guys seem close." Part of the reason you didn't wanna make any move on duncan was because of that.

"Close?? Yeah right she's just an annoying pain in my side." Duncan replied with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Whatever you say." You layed back on your bed.

" wait.. are you, jealous?" Duncan asked with a smirk on his face.

"Jealous? No no why would I be." You denied it heavily.

"You totally are." Duncan looked at you.

"And if I am?" You replied looking back at him.

" I wouldn't be surprised." Duncan answered in his usual snarky tone.

You just rolled your eyes at this and kept laying back, Duncan crept close to you.

"Can I help you?" You asked him.

"Maybe." Duncan looked into you eyes.

You were confused at this moment and just stared back into his eyes. He inched closer to you and your face, you backed away a bit and as you did he suddenly kissed you. You were caught of guard by this and didn't know what to say.

"Dun..can?" That was only thing you managed to get out of your mouth.

Duncan semmed to get the impression that you didnt like the kiss and quickly backed away from you.

"S-sorry." He said as he stood in the middle of the cabin.

You opened your mouth to say something but before you could he had left. Needless too say you were felling flustered and confused at the moment. Duncan had just kissed you, your heart fluttered when it happened. To be honest you didn't know what you were going to say before he left but now all you were thinking about was how he had run away so suddenly. You were hoping that he would be up to talk to you when you found him. You crept out of the cabin door looking around for duncan but he was nowhere to be seen. You looked around the cabins and at the lake, you could only assume he was near the woods. It was getting pretty late so you decided to just rest and talk to him when morning time came, you turned around and went back to your cabin bed, Resting for the night.

A/N: short ik but this is a oneshot soo. Welcome to my first oneshot of this book thing, writing a whole reader x duncan story wasn't enough so I had to make a oneshot as well apparently 🙌🏽 who should I do next?