The Thunderstorm

The Turkey Times newspaper read that a fierce thunderstorm was about to hit Turkey and it's expected to rain continuously for the following weeks, asking the citizens to stay indoors. The thunderstorm did hit the coast of Turkey resulting in heavy rains.
Turkey was seeing it’s worst phase.
It has been raining heavily since a week now. All the main rivers of Turkey including Euphrates, Tigris, Sakarya, Kizilirmak, Kura were all over-flowing resulting heavy floods in the whole country.
There was havoc everywhere with dead bodies of humans, cattle being washed away in the heavy tide. Even vehicles were carried away in the flood. Here and there people were screaming and crying from their roof tops to save their lives. Emergency was declared and defense forces were called in for rescue operations.

Meanwhile near River Kizilirmak..
there flew an aircraft named Atlas C.1 A400-M amidst the dense clouds.
In the cockpit,
Captain who was seated in the first pilot's seat: “Can you spot anyone else.. K?”

Pilot 2: “Nobody as of now.. Captain?” He said setting focus in his binoculars.

Captain: “All right.. let’s go a little further down the valley..”

Pilot 2: “There.. towards the right. I can see someone waving for help..”

Captain: “Well.. then we need to report this immediately as all of our rescue team is engaged at different sites.”

“Hello.. checking the Control room. Atlas C1 calling!!” He screamed at the speaker setting it's frequency.

“Yes.. Captain!” the receiver answered.

“We have few more victims to be rescued.. anyone available near Halys Valley? Check!”

“Captain, presently there’s no other aircraft around! More over we have information coming in for more flood flow towards the area. We suggest you better fly back to the base” the receiver replied.

“No way. We see hostages. How can we fly back? Connect me to the Major right now!” The receiver went on hold..

A few moments later.. the frequency got back on the speaker.

Officer: Yes Captain M..

Captain : Sir, We spotted a lady standing over a roof, we suspect a couple of hostages in the surrounding houses.. let me go down Sir!

Officer : No.. Captain M, there’s no rescue officer left to go to that place.

Captain: Sir! I will myself go. Let me have the orders Sir, even one life is as important for us.. please let me try.

Officer: Don't be adamant, this stunt of yours will go in vain because by the time you will reach down, the water might be here. We will not be able to even pull you up.

Captain: Sir.. instead of wasting time in this, let me get down. I’m sure I can do this.

Officer: M.. you are lowering my decision.

Captain: No Sir, I am just, raising my duty upwards.

Officer: Think Captain.. it’s a risk.

Captain: I’m ready for this Sir!

Officer: Ok.. do it as quickly as possible as we are expecting a new wave of flood within the next half hour.

Captain: Yes sir!

***************

Turning off the speaker..
The captain turned towards his co-pilot who was already looking at him.
"Take me down.. right now!"