Electric Shock

It was happening all over again, when it actually wasn't happening all over again. My mind was just playing tricks on me and shoving me back into my worst nightmare. That night i was suppose to die, the night i was suppose to no longer live the life of Jenny Martin. Where that swarm of jellyfish was suppose to traumatize my body and force my heart to stop, along with the electrocution of the eels and even that stupid poisonous octopus. My dreams were becoming too real lately, as much as i tried convincing myself what i was experiencing wasn't real. It was harder to prove, when i started sleep walking. Waking up on the shore of the beach nowadays or even the middle of the ocean itself. 

I still had Abby on my side, after the incident that happened in the restroom the other day. It felt good to still have my best friend, but it hurt knowing i could possibly hurt her or anyone else for the matter if i keep on losing control of these abilities. When i called her and told her what happened, she told me she was worried about me. I knew that, cause after everything what else could you say? "Hey, i'm throwing my annual end of the school year pool party, you should come. It would really help take your mind off things." she said over the phone to me. "I don't think so abs, i don't really feel like partying.. i ditched Gabby's party for a reason" i said, as Abby sighed. "Jenny, the best thing right now is for you to be yourself and feel like a teenager, before you lose that too in a few months" she said, as i sighed. 

"It just doesn't seem like a good idea, i still have no idea what i'm capable of and i don't wanna accidentally hurt anyone. Like you said before, my emotions are tied to my abilities. But i don't entirely know which emotion is going to set them off." i said, as there was a silence on her end and i could tell she was thinking. "Tell you this, just come for a little while and then leave if you're still not feeling up to it. It's not like i'm asking you to attend my birthday party Jen." she said, as i laughed. "Fine" i said, maybe she was right, maybe i needed to feel more like a teenager before i head off to college soon and lose that normal part of my life. 

I threw on some clothes and made it over to Abby's place, lying to my parents about it just being a study session between the two of us. As i made it to the backyard where everyone else already was, i noticed numerous of people pointing and whispering about me. But it wasn't like i could blame them, after all... who chokes up a jellyfish and then keeps the creature as a pet? 

As i idled by, my swim team found me near the pool, and made there way over to me. I felt comforted when they hugged me and apologized about the rumors. But it's not like they were just rumors. "How have you been?" Tiffany asks, as the girls nod next to her. "I've been better, but i'm hanging in there. Needed a distraction so i came here" i said, as Abby came over. "Girls, Jenny" Abby said, as she took my hand and stood next to me. "Cool party Abby" Gabby said, as Abby gave her a fake smile. "Aw thanks, i throw it every year and now you notice?" she asked, as i tried to hold back a chuckle. "Whatever" she said, as the girls gave me a smile before walking off. "Oh my gosh, i'm so glad you're here" she said, as she turned and hugged me. 

"Come on! let's get drunk" she said, as she took my hand in hers and lead me to a table filled a whole bunch of drinks. It was then a continuous loop, of beer pong, drinking in general, dancing drunk, and socializing with students i forgot i went to school with for four years. Mason then arrives, and i feel like i'm about to throw up with all the emotions inside me that were mixing with the alcohol. "Hey, so you're still gonna ignore me? still not gonna answer my phone calls?" he asks, as i turn and lose him in the crowd of people that were surrounding us. I then find the first random stranger i see and take his hand, telling him to dance with me. He accepts instantly, which flattered me, despite my reputation at the moment. 

We start dancing and moving our bodies together, as i get too comfortable and slowly rub up against him, he grabs my hips, swaying with me. I knew Mason was watching, and seeing the jealousy on his face is what brings satisfaction to me. "Come on, i wanna go swimming" i whispered in his ear, as he smiles. I then take his hand, as Mason's eyes follow us to the pool nearby. I started stripping to my bra and underwear, as the boy next to me, took of his shirt. I then stepped slowly in to the pool with him as i placed myself in his arms, feeling his hands around my torso. I looked over at Mason, who was disgusted and furious as he pushed past people behind him trying to find an exit.