8- 𝖈𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖗

minho stirred the next morning, feeling a warmth that wasn't normally there. he opened his sleepy eyes and looked down, seeing a half naked hyunjin on his chest.

minho panicked before remembering the younger had asked to lay with him, and hopefully minho wouldn't get sucker punched in the face.

minho noticed hyunjin was shivering despite having a blanket on, and the sight worried him a bit. the older had slept with no blanket at all so that hyunjin could have it all, making sure he stayed warm. the younger began to shift seemingly uncomfortably, his body twitching randomly.

minho was on full alert when hyunjin began to whine in his sleep, scrunching up into a tight ball on the older.

"hyunjin..." minho whispered, lightly shaking the boy's shoulder. he didn't budge, just continued to writhe on the bed as if he were in pain.

"hyun-ah.." minho said, slightly louder this time while shaking him again. hyunjin's movements stopped as he slowly lifted his head, turning to meet the older's gaze.

"h-hyung?" hyunjin asked, seemingly confused. minho nodded as he ran a hand gently through the younger's messy hair, his heart dropping at the memories of what happened to him yesterday.

"hyung... why does my whole body feel like it's on fire.." hyunjin whispered, pain evident in his voice. the thought alone broke minho's heart, which brought him to wrap his arms around the younger and hug him into his chest.

"hyung's so sorry.. i'm so sorry hyun.." minho whispered, feeling tears begin to roll down his face. hyunjin tensed in his hold, gently twisting to see the older's face. his expression dropped when he noticed minho's state, immediately trying to sit up and move to help the boy.

"hyung! what's wrong?! hey calm down, it's okay.." hyunjin cooed, placing his hands on minho's face to make him look at him. the older refused to meet his gaze, looking at everything but hyunjin's worry filled eyes.

"look at me." he commanded, and oddly enough, minho listened. the older reluctantly lifted his teary eyes to meet hyunjin's concerned ones, desperately trying to forget his expression of terror from yesterday.

"don't blame yourself, i shouldn't have let go of you after you warned me." hyunjin said gently, swiping away the tears from minho's red cheeks.

the older gulped and nodded, giving into the urge to hug hyunjin again, wrapping his arms around the younger and bringing him to lay against minho's chest.

"w-we cleaned you up the b-best we could.. we didn't touch your lower half and i covered y-you immediately so don't
w-worry." minho choked out, trying his best to steady his sharp breaths. hyunjin snuggled closer into his chest at the words, taking his hand and tracing it lightly around minho's shirt.

"thank you.." he whispered, and soon enough minho's shirt was becoming damp.

"hey hey shh, don't cry." minho soothed, pulling hyunjin into an even tighter hug. hyunjin wrapped his arm tightly around the older's waist, not seeming to care that he was still basically nude.

"do you wanna get dressed now..?" minho asked gently, feeling hyunjin's head lift slightly.

"..i guess so.." hyunjin said, sitting up fully on the bed and sadly leaving the older's embrace. minho sat up as well, looking to hyunjin as he glanced over the numerous bandages on the younger's exposed chest.

"i need to rewrap your bandages, or do you want to do it, or i can call soo-"

"hyung. i want you to do it." hyunjin said calmly, looking into minho's eyes with a small smile. the older breathed out with a small chuckle, allowing his chest to relax a bit.