Prologue: The Elf's Promise

...

"The Divine Guide, Kingmaker, Sage, Advisor, and Hooded Elf. He goes by many names throughout history and referred to many nicknames for his involvement not just throughout a specific point in history. But the whole history as far as when the first men created fire."

"He saw countless civilizations birthed and formed. So too did he saw civilizations fall and scatter. With his divine hand, he guided the light of civilization to form what it is today, from what he taught to his apprentices so did their apprentices spread more of his knowledge and teachings throughout."

"From his apprentice's words spread knowledge and helped civilizations, however, those who are lucky enough to encounter the Kingmaker himself are bestowed with phenomenal wisdom and formidable strength, granting them a legacy most out of this world, in this current age, the latest living person who encountered the Kingmaker was the Grand Sorceress Yuumi who still breathes today within her magic clockwork tower in the magic nation of Helia."

"The Sage erected two towers in the two points of the world that reaches the skies. Within the indestructible towers contain the machineries to help all creatures of the world to assist in creating magic systems and magic arts capable of multiple abilities. It is these machineries that civilizations have the ability to fight."

"With the comparison to a performing conductor of an orchestra. His graceful movements made numerous countries prosper against the unfathomable and the impossible with the sleight of his hand and his words of virtue. With his guide did he allow countries to exist in situations and places most dire."

"With his actions, he guided them all for a goal buried within his mind. With his watching and prying eyes he has watched all of civilizations and its people. The Hooded Elf has seen all and has guided all. Yet with his contributions, he hath not asked for its price nor reward, for he himself has all rewards. If this is so, then his reward was simply watching civilizations move forward."

-Excerpt from « The Watcher of civilizations, The Elf. »

...

Night.

A beautiful night it was, the alignment of the stars is ever perfectly so in this moment of stillness. As much as I want to see these beautiful stars very closely and be bathed in its grand glorious luminosity and warmth, I do not have the ability nor the power to make it a reality. The moonlight is brightly glowing throughout this side of the world as if comforting me for my unrealistic wishes, or so my perception tells me. After all, It is only the natural order and chaos of the world that it became that way. Balance is the one element that is important throughout the world.

"If you truly wish to see reach for the stars, then start for the moon first." A feminine and light voice called out to me as if answering my thoughts. I merely slightly shook my head at the statement as I continued to stare at the star.

"No, that in itself is also an impossible dream, within the next thousand or two thousand years, at least." I melancholy replied as I waved my hand that conjured an eight-pointed star that shined brightly for a moment before it disappeared and swapped with a long cylindrical object standing on three straight legs with a small tube protruding from an end.

"You conceptualized and materialized the «Redeemer»  that revolutionized magic and allowed even the lowliest of all beings to use the arcane arts. I cannot comprehend what is preventing you from further advancing and guiding the world. With your power and influence, it is only a matter of counting who rejects or dismisses your plans. Nearly all of them shall agree to unite for your goals." The voice attempts to counter my words yet I still shook my head as a reply. I peered over the small tube of the cylindrical object as my vision suddenly changed from simply seeing the moon from afar to looking closer at the moon, thoroughly examining its surface. Truly, what a fascinating sight I see.