the stars.

The stars are twinkling brightly.

And so are the lights in the palace.

A young boy looked out in the fields. His emerald eyes sparkles as he looks at the glimmering lights. He wonders, what is it like to be the light? To live in a place where it's seemingly never dark? 

He couldn't answer these himself, as when the sun sets, only the faint candle light is visible in their small wooden home. The only time he could see things clearly around him were when the night passes, but even that is limited to an extent, as rains are frequent and the grey clouds sometimes cover the sun's rays. 

A shooting star passes by, and the little boy mumbles his wish.

"I wish to get into the palace someday."

Years pass, and his figure has grown taller. His hands are calloused because of the heavy work he does at daytime. At night, as he sits on the grass while caressing his beloved's golden hair. His glasses mirroring the starry sky. 

This is the person he trusts the most in his life, with his life. He has told him everything from the most mundane of things, to his biggest dreams. Including of which is his childhood wish. 

As he dazes off staring on the palace once more, his lover asks,

"Do you still wish to be within the castle's walls?"

To which he responds,

"Yes. Yes, I do."

As he matures, he realises that not everything seemed like out of a fairytale. As perfect as it may seem, the cracks are visible when you see it through a looking glass. He has heard of violence, of incompetence and corruption within some of the officials, and even the king himself. As much as he wants to trust the current monarch, the more he witnessed, the more his anger and distrust grew.

Adding fuel to his ambition. From a naive wish to a goal with good intentions and purpose.

In their next nightly visit, he proposed his plan to sneak in the palace. To infiltrate from the inside. He was the only one who's initially going to do it, but his partner volunteered to join. He agreed. 

The day before they would start their plan, they promised that whatever happens, they'll always have each other's back, and they'll always love each other even if the world may turn their back on them.

"We'll do whatever it takes, my love. For us, and the for the betterment of this country."

Thus, the night that would change the history as we know it, was sealed with a kiss.