Seven

The next day, I walked in the halls with Aria, to Geography class.

"What did Mr. Blake want to tell us the other day?" I asked

"He said that he is going to pick any two students from our class to go on this inter-school field trip and he said that the other teachers recommended sending us, so he asked if we don't have any problem with it, should he put our name forward. And I said yes, and he's gonna give us the permission slips today, so that our parents can sign it."

"That sounds interesting. We have to win"

"Hoorain, its not a competition. Ots just a field trip, and we will be paired up with students from other schools, so it can't be a competition."

"Hahahaha, ok, ok. Let's go to class."

We entered the class and took our seats at the back. I took my phone out and checked my messages.

1 text message from Daniel

I open the chat.

Dm- Daniel Brady

What you up to?
I'm seriously bored
Are you there???

I'm here now.
I didn't have time to check
my phone since morning.

Oh.
Are you in class??

Ya

And, you're on your
phone?

I have my ways

***

"Who are you texting?" Aria interrupted.

"No one, just Daniel."

"Oooh, what are you talking about?"

"The fact I'm on my phone during class."

Aria decides to look at the chat with me, who cares, it's not like we're talking about anything wrong or something.

Dm- Daniel Brady

That's not good.
Naughty.

I don't care cause the
teachers don't care.

***

"Hoor, do you have any idea how wrong what he said sounded?" Aria said.

"What did he say?"

"He literally called you naughty."

"He's just a friend, don't worry, we call eachother stupud stuff all the time."

"If you say so."

Mr. Blake entered the class and walked over to us, placed two permission slips on our desks and said, "have them signed by Friday," in a cold voice.

He walked over to his desk and sat down.

"Looks like someone is not feeling good." I said to Aria.

"We should stay back after class and make sure he is okay. Afterall, he is a new teacher, and he might be having trouble setting in with this new environment."

"Yeah, we should, that's a really good idea."

We start talking again as the class starts to fill and Mr. Blake started the class.

"Ms. Montgomery, please move to the front of class and take out your books. Ms. Malik, take your books out and concentrate in class."

I raise my eyes to see Mr. Blake looking down at us.

Aria was glaring at him, I could see how annoyed she was. No teacher has ever moved us.

Aria got up and walked to the front. And I take out my books. What the hell is wrong with him?

The class took forever to finish. Aria got up from her seat and turned around to face me, shook her head and walked out of class.

I knew exactly what she meant. She didn't want to talk to Mr. Blake anymore.

Everyone started to leave. I wanted to follow Aria, but I wanted to help Mr. Blake.

I walked up to his desk.

"Mr. Blake?" I said slowly.

"Yes, Ms. Malik."

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"Did someone say something?"

"No."

"Do you know that my one complaint to the principal can get anyone who said anything to you expelled or fired?"

"I know that very well. But you would not like your bestfriend to get expelled, would you?" He laughed.

"Wait, what? What did Aria do?"

"Nothing."

I look up at him, straight into his eyes.

"I know exactly what's going on in your head."

"How?"

"I know a lot of things. But I don't know if I can help you, I'm already helping another guy get her."

"Oh, okay, that's fine, no problem at all." He looked really sad.

"Mr. Blake, I'll help you both, I promise, maybe help you a bit more cause I've seen you in real life and I know just by looking at you about what you feel about her."

"Thank you so much, but you can't tell anyone."

"Do you want a tip sir?"

"She is really really really annoyed with you right now because the fact you moved us. Make sure you make it up to her."

"I will, I promise, I don't know how to thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, I do my best to help everyone I can."

"Well, thank you, Hoorain."

"My pleasure Mr. Blake. I have to go, my parents would be waiting at home, I need to take the bus and I don't want to get late."

"Okay, of you go. Thank you."