Chapter 1

Adrien was outcast by his village because he was different, special. He didn't want to marry a pretty pink princess, he wanted to marry a charming prince.
He was forced to live in the woods, adapting to the wilderness. He learned to hunt, fish, and even how to find water. He had built a house out of fallen trees, a bed made of leaves.

One day he went looking for food and found himself stumbling into a large village. It was different than he remembered though. As long as anyone had been alive, they had thought that there was only one village.

Little did they know there were two. He found himself curiously exploring it. He had never been somewhere with people for over seven years. It was beautiful. There were young children running around, one carrying a ball.

There were people gathered around a fire, all having fun and cooking out of pots suspended in the air. One young man caught his eye. He was tall, with a chiseled jawline. Only one word came to Adrien's mind, beautiful. It was as though a thousand butterflies had suddenly appeared in his stomach.

The young man looked at Adrien, a confused look on his face, he had never seen someone who looked like him before. Adrien blushed, and lost the young man's glare.

Night time fell, the fire no longer burning. The streets were empty. Adrien, having never been here before, wandered the alleys, looking for somewhere to sleep for the night. As he lays down on some old blankets, he hears rustling behind him. Footsteps.

He sits up, looking for the source of the sound. It was the boy he had seen at the fire. Curious, the boy comes and sits by Adrien. "Who are you?" the boy asks, "I know everyone in this village, but yet your face is new." He continues to stare at Adrien curiously. "My name is Adrien". The boy repeats his name "Adrien". "My name is Tyler", he says "Where did you come from?" "I was cast out of my village as a young boy," Adrien's smile slowly fades. Tyler stands up, taking Adrien by the hand. He helps him up, "Cmon, you can stay in my family's spare room. They won't mind." He leads Adrien out of the alley, and towards a street lined with houses.

His was the largest on the block. It was a large white house, with a wrap-around porch. It looked maybe two stories high. It had beautiful gold trimming, and a black door. Adrien had never seen anything so beautiful before, besides Tyler himself.

Tyler lead him inside, showing him the spare bedroom. It had a huge fluffy bed, and even a private bathroom attached. Tyler's parents had laid out fresh clothes and a towel out on the bed. He picked them up and headed towards the bathroom. He hopped in the shower, feeling the steaming water roll down his back. It felt nice. Adrien hadn't had a warm shower for over seven years. After what felt like an eternity, he turned the water off and wrapped himself in the fuzzy warmth of his towel.

The clothes laid out for him fit perfectly. They were warm, and the softest thing he had ever worn. As he laid down, he felt his eyelids start to droop, and he let them.