Chapter 1- The New Formula

EPZ PRODUCTS

Date of first publication: 2018

Date of second publication: 2020

Hey you, yeah you, don't pirate!!!!

AUTHORS:

Head of EPZ (Main author)

And co. workers  

...............................................................................................................................................................   

     "We have got to keep going" said Engr. Williams to his partner Drake ,"this formula can provide a clean new source of energy, one no one has ever dreamt of, up until now".

    "We are wearing our self too thin I say we should....", started Drake... "No! it does not matter what you say" interrupted Engr. Williams ,"it matters what I say! Now get back to work!!".

    Later that day in school Jimmy the son of Engr. Williams was having a chat with his friend James when he was interrupted by Billy his usual bully who picked him up and slammed him against a locker. 

    "Billy, Billy aren't we too old for this kind of joke? I mean I'm 15 really put me down," said Jimmy.

   "No one has to get hurt just give me your lunch money or else you are going to get it!" threatened Billy.

     "Dude you are crazy if you think just for a second that I am going to give it to you". Jimmy replied trying to be brave.

     "Fine then you asked for it....", shouted Billy as he clenched his fists for a punch.... 

     "STOP!!" shouted Sally Que, the class president and Jimmy's crush. To every one's surprise Billy instantly put him down and walked away. Jimmy blushed madly. 

 "Thanks for the help back there Sa...Sa...Sa..." Jimmy intended but was cut off. "It's Sally and you are welcome," was the reply.

Some time after, Jimmy slept throughout the whole class, when the day was over he took his scooter and went home. When he arrived he called out for his mother but there was no reply (she was not home) so he went into the basement which was earlier converted into his dad's home laboratory.

 "Good afternoon everyone," Jimmy greeted as he walked in.

 "Hey Jimmy, how was school today?" asked his father.

 "It was fine thanks dad," Jimmy replied quietly.

 "Did you get into any trouble lately?" asked Drake clearly suspicious.

 "No not really," replied Jimmy. Just then the doorbell rang and Jimmy ran up to get it just so he could get out of that awkward moment. When he opened the door, he saw it was his mum. Elated, they hugged each other and walked to the laboratory. 

"After much searching, I finally found the perfect generator to power our project," said Mrs. Elizabeth. Engr. Williams looked up from his table and smiled. 

"That is very good, thank you. Alright kids, we have to go now before anyone else finds it and uses it for their own project. Now while we are gone not more than two friends are allowed into the house and curfew is by 11pm sharp! Am I clear? " asked Engr. Williams.

   "Yep, crystal clear dad". Jimmy replied smiling. They all wore their coats and set out but before they left Drake suggested that Jimmy should clean the laboratory with the cleaning agent that he made during his spare time.

   "Remember, the cleaning agent is transparent," reminded Drake as he drove off together with Jimmy's parents. Immediately their car was out of sight he dialed James number and he invited him over. James arrived in ten minutes but he wasn't alone. He took the liberty of inviting Sally over on behalf of Jimmy.