A new Bond

So what is your name and why are you in the river when you can't swim? My name is Ego she answered, and I can swim but I don't know what happened, it's quite strange, my body just went limp. Well that is strange indeed, thank the gods nothing happened to you. Thank you so much, Ego said in between sobs, I would have died today if you were not here, it makes me want to do more with my life cause I cannot imagine dying like this with nothing to show of my existence. For some reason what Ego said steered something in me, I mean for one I was just existing personally, I did not have any dream or ambition my only goal was to eat, sleep and die when the time came, I didn't see the purpose of my existence, I didn't even like my life, nobody understood me for me, all they saw was outer beauty and it hurt me to think I would never be more, so I just accepted my fate. How selfish am I, somebody almost died and is crying in my arms and here I am thinking about me (typical kamsi), now I see that truly everything happens for a reason anyway, if I did not move to Akweke maybe Ego would have died today, the gods and their ways, baffles me......

It's really nice to have a friend here, I do miss Ebere but I can't help but think she really did not love me, she chose a Man who doesn't even want Her over Her best friend for years, where is the loyalty in that. Anyway my aim was to forget all my Akwodo sorrows and leave the past in the past. Ego and I have become very close since the incident and today I will be visiting Her house for the first time, usually we just meet with the other girls and have fun. Ego introduced me to Her 3 friends and I have never been happier, I finally belong and we have a lot of fun, we also cause mischief but what do you know, girls will always be girls.

Why are there 5 Men in front of Ego's house, ahhh! Men, the gender I hate the most, I should probably go back, because my second priority in this village is to hide myself from Men. (Ego sees Kamsi turning back and runs after her). Kamsi stop! Why are you going back, now see what you did, I am out of breath, you made me run, what is the matter? (Shit, Quick I have to lie) Well I thought you were not in, because I saw Men gathered so I just said to turn back and maybe come back later I replied. Well I am obviously home and those Men gathered are just my Brother and his 4 friends, they call themselves the almighty 5, They are Gozie my Brother, Chidi, Ekene, Ifaenyi and Prince Obinna. They will someday be the cabinet chiefs and rule along side Prince Obinna so they just have these meetings here to discuss on how they can do their little contribution to better this village. Okay, that makes sense, well there is no need to come to your house then let's just go somewhere else, I could see that she suspected something was wrong, but she didn't dwell on it out of politeness. Well they won't bother us, we will just chill behind the house plus you just got here so rest a bit first. I couldn't argue with Her in other not to come off as suspicious so I just followed her but the truth is that I was dying inside. On our way towards the main house, I tried to hide my face but as was tradition I had to greet them all, so as to not come off as rude plus even if I wanted to ignore them , the Prince was with them and I could get beheaded for not properly greeting him, it was that serious. Greetings Prince Obinna, Greeting everyone was all I said while trying to go behind as quick as possible, it looked like I was hiding behind Ego because that was exactly what I was doing. Greetings they all said back in Unison, okay moving on, Ego let's go, I said in my head. It was Gozie's voice I heard but it was Obinna's eyes that caught my attention, I had never seen anything so enchanting, it was like a force was luring me in. Who is your Friend Gozie said, apparently to his sister, grinning from ear to ear, ewww wipe that smirk of your face I almost said but was caught off when Ego said my name, Kamsi, Yesssss I answered, no I am not calling you Ego said smiling, I am telling Him your name, okay embarrassingggggg. Oh okay, My name is Kamsi I said for myself, all the men had their eyes on me and at that point I just wanted the ground to swallow me, why was I being interrogated it didn't make any sense. Nice to meet you Kamsi another voice spoke up holding the same stupid smile, my name is Ifaenyi and I am single and ready to marry you now if you say yes. That caught me off guard, How was He that bold and how dare Him talk to me like that, now I felt awkward and I didn't care if it was rude but I simply said, Nice to meet you all and dragged Ego out of there to the back. From the corner of my eye I saw him smile at me, yes you guessed right Obinna, and it shocked me that His smile did not in fact infuriate me but it actually warmed my heart, and just like I did to the first guy I liked when I was 10, I knew I had to avoid him by all means cause Falling in love can never be in my dictionary......