Time is precious

The Kim Austin Series

By: Karlee England

Chapter 17

P.O.V/ Kim Austin:

It's been five weeks since the Valentine's day dance it was okay and I was surprised that Patrick wasn't too bad he did try to kiss me but stopped when the music quit playing. After the dance was over I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. I looked in the mirror and seen Ashley behind me who knocked me out with a karate chop. I woke up in that unknown factory and Ashley attempted to cut me in half with that chainsaw but Mom and Jane intervened saving me just in time. While I was fighting Ashley with that chain she had caught it and jerked me across the metal table where I landed on the ground breaking my wrist. Soon after that Ashley, Natalie and Tiffany escaped Mom, Jane and Kelly took me the hospital where they put me in a red cast that goes down my forearm stopping a little bit from my elbow. I had landed on my left wrist not my right one so I can still use a pencil or pen to write. Today is Monday March 21, 1983 my birthday is right around the corner on April 18th. I'm sitting on the couch with Zeke as the tv plays the news. I have the same tv set as Kelly does at her house. I hear footsteps and look over at my mom walking from the foyer with a cup of coffee in her hand. She carefully sits her cup on the side table that has a glass crystal lamp on it and sits down on the couch. She picks up a soft pack of Marlboro's and pulls one out of the pack. She strikes a black bic lighter lighting it up. She gets up from the couch walking in front of the tv and over to the window. She unlocks it and pulls it up to let the smoke out. She walks back over to the couch and sits down she is off for the week she finally got a vacation. She puffs on her cigarette then said " How is your arm feeling today?" I said " It's okay still pretty tender". Mom reaches on the side table picking up a bottle that is orange and has a white lid on it with my pain medicine in it. Since I broke a bone they suggested I take something stronger for pain. Mom twists the cap and pours out a white 10mg Hydrocodone pill. She hands it to me and I put it in my mouth and take a drink of my coke swallowing it. Good thing Mom made breakfast before I took that because you have to eat before you take those. I hear a horn outside I get up and pick up my backpack off the floor by the couch and pet Zeke. I walk over to my mom and she stands up. I kiss her on the cheek and she walks me over to the door. I open it and we walk out on the porch. Mom said " Have a good day sweetie". I said " I will". She said " I love you". I said " I love you too Momma". I walk down to Kelly's car walking around the front of it as I open the door mom waves at Kelly. I get inside and close the door putting my seatbelt as Kelly shifts into drive easing off the clutch as she pulls off driving down the road. She looks over at my cast and said " Is your arm getting better?" I said " Yeah slowly I get it took off on the 28th". Kelly said " Good. I miss you having both hands". She winks at me with a perverted grin I roll my eyes at her playfully. She pulls in the back parking lot of the school and drives down pulling into a spot. She turns off the car and pulls out the keys putting them in the pocket of her blue jean jacket. We both open our doors and get out closing them. We walk around to the back and stand in front of the trunk like we usually do. Kelly is wearing her blue jean jacket, a red t-shirt that says Journey on it with the symbol looks just like the one I have, a pair of dark high waisted blue jeans and her Adidas top tens that are white and blue. I'm wearing my blue jean jacket, my black t-shirt that has the Rolling Stones symbol on it, a pair of dark high waisted blue jeans and my black Nike Pegasus. Jane comes walking from Shana's car and stands in front of us. She's wearing her black leather jacket, a plain black t-shirt, a pair of dark high waisted blue jeans and her black Chuck Taylor's. Jane said " It's finally starting to warm up". I said " Yeah wait until summer it's gonna be hot as hell". Kelly said " Yeah then you'll start showing some skin". She winks at Jane and she rolls her eyes at the comment. Jason and Kyle get out of Roy's truck as it pulls up. They both get out walking over to us waving at Roy as he pulls off. Kyle is wearing his new black colored blue jean jacket, a grey t-shirt that says AC DC back in black in black letters, a pair of dark blue Carpenter blue jeans and his black Nike Cortez. Jason is wearing his black leather jacket, his grey world tour of 1980 Journey t-shirt, a pair of dark Wrangler blue jeans and his black steel toed boots. As I stand there chatting with Jason and Jane, Kelly and Kyle are making out. Kelly is sitting up on the back of the trunk as Kyle stands between her legs kissing her as she pulls him close with her hands on the back of his neck. I spot Ashley, Natalie, Tiffany and Patrick walking up behind Jason and Jane. They hear them and both stand on each side of me. Ashley smiles evilly as she looks down at my cast. She said " How's the arm?" I said " Like you even care" with sarcasm. Ashley said " Yeah you're right I don't". she said sarcastically as she cackled. Ashley said " Cause I'm gonna break it again once it heals". Jane said " I'd like to see you try bitch". Ashley said " Watch it toots or I'll break yours too". I look over at Kelly and Kyle they have stopped kissing.