Chapter 8

As the shuttle docked the bright light from the docking station seeped into the shuttle. The entire room was absolutely massive. The walls and ceiling were all one large light. With 8x8 squares comprising their entirety where the light was emanating from. It was clean and spacious with not a speck of dust.

"It's incredible." Noah had noted.

A cute female Vishtian with long red hair was herding fighters and their managers through the docking station and into the fighter's hall through a few subsets of sliding doors that looked like the 8x8 light panels with a chrome frame around them. The swooshed open quietly. The girl then handed them the keys to their changing room as they hurried onward.

As they walked there was this since of wonder walking down the rounded corridor. Looking out the window at the two suns, the blue dwarf, and that giant red star. It was nicer than Noah had expected considering the dirty and dingy, two ring stadium where the pre-qualifiers were held. Down to seeing their reflections in the floor. Noah staring at himself in the reflection of the floor until then seeing Faytana's arm swing up to pinch his sleeve right after.

"Fay?"

"Noah look..." Faytana asked of him.

Noah looked forward as the hall continued to curve inward. Slowly revealing a familiar face leaning up against the wall. This figure was almost looking out of place in the clean futuristic hallway they were making their way through. The Wyvern Viperion...

"It's her... is she waiting for me." Noah said as Jax slowly put it all together.

"Is that who you're fighting?!" Jax yelled as he pointed her out directly. "Well I hate to say this Noah, but YOU ARE SCREWED!" The old Vishtian pointed out.

"Smooth Jax..." Faytana said with a facepalm.

As Noah and the gang had neared Viperion her yellow reptilian eyes could be seen clearer. She had stepped off the wall to face the group, and suddenly as both eyes met Noah's he almost felt sick. It was a harrowing metaphorical fog of fear that had then clouded his mind for a moment. Faytana looking onward, ready for anything.

"I need to speak to the human for a moment." She said as her slippery tongue slithered out for a moment like a Komodo Dragon.

"The hell you are!" Faytana said as she darted between the two to protect Noah.

"Must you always be so dramatic. I just want to ssspppeak to him." Viperion had said with a lingering hiss in the word "speak."

"It's alright Fay." Noah told her. "Maybe we can use this opportunity to clear some things up." Noah said as he looked at Faytana then at Viperion.

"Hmph! Not likely." Viperion said. "Jax." She then said acknowledging the old fighter.

"Er... Viperion." Jax had said.

"You two go on ahead. I'm just going to chat with her for a while."

"Are you sure?" Fay asked with a nervous look.

"Yeah it'll be fine."

Faytana and Jax walked ahead, leaving the two behind to talk as Faytana looked back at them. The two stood facing each other. Viperion staying silent until she knew that Nierdesh was out of earshot. Knowing that Faytana would likely be using her exceptional hearing to listen.

"So what? You waited until they were gone. Is this when you confess your love for me?" Noah said jokingly but Viperion was in no mood for jokes.

"Don't jest with me human. I'm in no mood and looking at your face makes it worse..."

"Ah so you love-hate me then?" he said.

"What I love is that I get destroy what I hate." Viperion told him as he loses composure.