First Meet..

Nee Yenadharuginil Nee

Idhai Vida Oru Kavithayai Kidaiyathe

Nee Yenadharuginil Nee

Idhai Vida Oru Punithamum Irukkathe...

"Arambichitan!! Sunday kooda enakku leave kedaiyadhu" Rakshan gritted his teeth under the blanket.

Ashwin who could very much hear Rakshan's voice smirked as he adjusted his formal shirt and trousers.

Kaatril Poo Pola Nenjam Koothaduthe

Kangal Paakatha Vekkam Panthaduthe

Ithuvarai Theendaatha

Oru Imbam Kai Neettuthe...

"Enga da pora? Inikku Sunday thane!!" Rakshan raised his head from the blanket.

"Client ku Sunday illaye.." Ashwin chuckled.

"OH!! Sunday...Shit Sunday...I have to meet someone.." Rakshan got up in haste and Ashwin chuckled setting his hair.

"I told you to remind me..." Rakshan complained

"I called you. But you didn't wake up"

"Dei.. even She has called me. Crap. First impression eh ippadi" he murmured and rushed to shower.

At the same time, their friend, colleague and next door neighbour Pavithra came in.

"Ashwin my network is down and I have a call with my cousins."

"Use the wifi here. I am leaving to office. Bye.." he said , switched off the speaker and left the apartment giving the silence that Rakshan craved for so long.

"Thanks sweety. Bye" she murmured and settled on Ashwin's couch cross legged.

~

Morning 10:00 AM, Ashwin's apartment:

"Ayyo...." Pavithra shouted as her call started and covered her laptop screen. It was a video call after all.

"Sorry Sorry. Theriyama vandhuten" Rakshan who came out half naked after shower with just a towel apologised. When she started cursing him, he realised, "Hey idhu yen vidu. Nee enna panra inga??"

"Nee ippadi varuva. Paathutu polam nu vandhen. Poda Paithiyam. Idula video call oru kedu. Sotta manda mama iru da varen" she cursed her maternal uncle trusting her muted mic and left the apartment in haste.

~

Café coffee day, Mumbai , 11:30 AM

arrey laDki beautiful, kar gayi chull

(the beautiful girl has made me crazy..)

yeah..dekh tera rang saawla hua baawla

laDki nahi hai tu hai garam maamla

bolti bandh meri, kahoon kya bhala

kuchh bhi kahaa nahi jaaye

(see your dusky color has become mad, you are not a girl, but a hot thing..

I have been silenced, what do I say.. I am not able to say a thing..)

"Puriyadha paata, Night adicha sarakka? , Illa kalaila indha Ashwin Podra paata nu therila....Thala valikudhe!!" he murmured to himself.

"Hi...Err..Rakshan ??" a voice greeted him admist the chaos.

"Hi..Vaanga Shivani...Nice meeting you !!"

"Pleasure is mine.....one minute...Excuse me! Can you switch off the music"  she instructed the person in charge. "Thala valikkudhu.." she murmured loud enough for him to hear"

Rakshan just stared at her with his eyes wide open.

~

"I met my soulmate!!" the message from Rakshan beeped in Ashwin and Pavithra's group chat.

While Ashwin smirked at the message and continued the meeting with his French client, "Paithiyam" Pavithra declared before continuing to binge watch her favourite series. It was Sunday after all...

10 years back:

"Are you scared Shivani?"

"Romba illa...err..light ah!!" she said biting her lips.

"You are a 3rd year transfer student. Not a fresher. So Don't worry. Call me in case of any concerns. I am always there for you Shivani" he said , poked her nose and moved forward.

"I know Akash" she blushed at his retreating back.

"Oye!! Come hear" a voice disturbed her trance that moment.

"What??" she replied annoyed.

"Fresher??" he asked

"Illa Transfer student."

"Still you are new and eligible for ragging" he smirked.

"OH! Fine Whom should I rag?" she asked taking her senior off guard for a moment.

"Dei Ashwin, unakke tough kuduppa pola irukku. Un peru enna ma??" the tall guy beside Ashwin smiled.

"SHIVANI..B.Tech 3 rd year ..Neenga?"

"BALA Final Year M.Tech. "

"Super na.."

"Anna va..endha ooru nee?? " Ashwin asked irritated.

"Yen. Ponnu keka poriya? Illa election la nikka poriya ? 

" Unga oorla ponnunga irukkangala ?? " he chuckled.

"Pervert" she thought when his voice cut her again.

"Seri.... unakku Akash eppadi theiryum?" Ashwin asked after a moment of thought.

"how does that matter to you?" she asked and without waiting for his response, she left the place without giving any heed to his words.

"Ashwin kitta Attitude.." he murmured smirking at her retreating back..

Author's Pen!!

Hi.. So I have introduced the prime characters here. I will take you down their character sketches in the upcoming chapters. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Excited to connect with you after so long.

Love

Author!