Chapter 1

A private school is not exactly a place for Taehyung, someone who grew up in a humble family who doesn't really make a lot for a living, just enough to get through each day.

But Taehyung ends up going to one anyway, a private school in the heart of the city, long ways away from his little town where he came from. It's mostly out of luck, getting a scholarship when he tried applying because paying the tuition is not even part of the option at all. The tuition alone is probably the same, if not more, as the amount of what his parents make in a year.

So really, getting the scholarship is Taehyung's only option to get into such a prestigious school as this one. Luckily enough, Taehyung has got enough brains and enough talents to earn him a spot in the school, joining the handful of students just like him that have been accepted through scholarship.

But getting accepted doesn't mean Taehyung gets to fit in with everyone else just fine, not when most of the student population consists of students who got in through their strong connections and actually paying for the tuition. In short, people who came from money, born with a silver spoon, the ones who came from families who basically run the country, whether it may be through business or politics.

Essentially, these students are elite, on a different level, way higher than where Taehyung stands in the society. So it's no surprise that he gets a lot of unwanted attention, becoming some sort of a punching bag, an entertainment of sorts, to these spoiled kids who are too rich to notice their rotten personalities.

But it's not all that bad because Taehyung more than anticipated the slew of comments and remarks about his upbringing, his poor status, the constant jabs about the state of his non-luxury bag and his beaten sneakers that have seen better days. It's mostly like that though, just all talk, insults under their breath or straight up to his face if someone was rich and shameless enough.

Taehyung would usually just tune them out, easy enough because he's got too much on his plate anyway, academics and extracurricular activities that he has to worry about if he wants to keep his scholarship. He doesn't have time nor energy to deal with the rich kids, but sometimes, some are just too good at getting under his skin.

"Tae, what happened?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Dude, you're drenched."

Taehyung huffs, looking down at his, indeed, very drenched dress shirt. Jimin makes an annoyed sound as he looks him over once more.

"Who did this?" Jimin asks, demands more like, clutching both of Taehyung's shoulders. "Tell me so I can fuck them up."

"Chill, it's alright," Taehyung says, trying to appear nonchalant so Jimin could just drop it. Because really, it's okay, he's just a little annoyed because of the way the shirt now clings uncomfortably to his skin and the fact that he doesn't have any extra set of uniform to change into so he has no choice but to let his shirt dry while still wearing it.

Okay, maybe he's a lot annoyed because that means he's going to get even more attention than he already usually gets, has to sit in a lecture dripping wet, which will most likely distract him from the lesson, and because it was Yuna who did it, prettiest girl in the campus with the nastiest personality, who have not once gotten off his back since finding out that Taehyung is different from all of them.

So it's not the first time that Yuna would go out of her way to make Taehyung's school life more miserable than it already is. This time, it happened when they bumped into each other in the hallway and Yuna had been holding her water bottle which conveniently did not have its cap on so when Yuna forced her entire weight on him, pretending not to notice him at all, the entire contents of her bottle spilled all over Taehyung's dress shirt.