Chapter 6. "Broken and bruised"

At Nam Joon's Penthouse...

Nam Joon removed his outer coat and hung it on the rack near his door.

He smelled something.

As he walked closer to the kitchen, he smiled seeing Shannon.

He went behind her and hugged her.

He kissed her nape.

"What are you cooking?"He asked with his raspy voice.

"Salisbury steak for our dinner." Shannon replied, taking all of the steak and placing gravy as well as mashed potatoes on 2 plates.

"Wah, this is surely yummy." Nam Joon sat down and Shannon across him.

"I already have my things moved here. By the way, where have you been?"

"Me? Umm...I-...I visited my friend Jungkook. Yes, um... He just came from Canada."

Nam Joon knew he had to lie, he didn't want anyone else to know his plans even though Shannon was the one who suggested it.

He was always so cautious and calculating.

After dinner he went inside his room, opened his phone and a photo was sent to him.

It was Jisoo full of bruises, her hair was a mess, her mouth all covered with a cloth.

He went to stalk over her social media.

So this is really the woman my brother loved huh

So this is really the woman my brother loved huh.....I've always wondered, what is Shannon to him...He thought as he laid down.

The next day....

Jisoo was still too weak to speak since yesterday, then Nam Joon appeared again with his mask.

"I'm guessing you are having a good time."

Jisoo looked at him with her deadly glare, there was a fresh bruise on her neck already that you'd mistake it as a huge birthmark.

"We beat her up since she was trying to escape." One of Nam Joon's men said.

"You really served your purpose. Now it's your turn to serve your purpose here." He said particularly referring to Jisoo this time.

He gripped unto her chin so harshly.

"W-Why....WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?" Jisoo started to cry and shout.

Nam Joon gave out a smirk, then he let go of her chin.

"You really don't know huh....BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO THIS PERSON?" Nam Joon started raising his voice.

He then showed a photo of Nam Il.

Who is this guy behind the mask? And why does he know Nam Il?...Jisoo thought.

"What are you even talking about?!"

"See? You're really a pretentious one." Nam Joon signalled one of his men, and they slapped her so harshly.

"Please....just let me go."

"Alright fine, you're the one who killed Nam Il, because of this you will continue to suffer and rot in this place if you will not admit it."

"I...DID NOT KILL HIM."

Nam Joon signalled his men once again.

They kicked Jisoo in the gut that she spit blood, they smacked her shoulder with baseball bat.

Jisoo looked at him weakly.

"Please, believe me.....How would I-I kill Nam Il? He's someone who loved me and I loved him back." Her eyes became teary.

*** START OF FLASHBACK***

Jisoo was working here and there, then she was harassed by one of the workers at the bar.

One of the men held her arm.

"Let me go!" Jisoo yelled at him

"Oh come on, you're gonna have to sleep with me tonight." The man grinned.

A guy went in between them. He pulled away the man's hand on Jisoo's arm.

"Let her go or you won't wake up alive tomorrow." Nam Il said in his calm demeanor.

The man became intimidated, this time Nam Il held Jisoo's arm.

"Thank you for helping me sir."

Ever since that day, Jisoo got closer with Nam Il.

They started to meet up, go on adventure to some places unknowingly they fell for each other.

Nam Il subtly confessed through the charm bracelet, but Jisoo never got to confess her feelings.

*** END OF FLASHBACK ***

"But...I never got to confess that I loved him back...He gave me a charm bracelet..." Jisoo's tears kept falling.

"I don't believe you. If you truly loved him, you'd never done this to him. You only went for him because you knew his family is rich."

Nam Joon signalled his men.

They kept smacking Jisoo with the baseball bat.

Jisoo groaned in pain.

Her surroundings started to blur, until she lost consciousness.

"STOP." Nam Joon told them.

Then he looked back at her unconscious body on the ground.

Her pale lips had a fresh cut on the bottom.

Her neck and arms had bruises around.

Her eyes opened for a bit, then she saw the moment Nam Joon removed his mask.

That's when Jisoo took note...the guy who was doing all of this was Nam Il's twin.

|End of Chapter |