chapter five.

T H E   R E D   H E A Dchapter five

T H E   R E D H E A D
chapter five.

LYRA BLACK HAD always hated the annoyance that was Fred Weasley. He'd pestered her since their very first year and hadn't stopped since. The boy was always lurking around corners, awaiting for the right moment next to blurt out an array of insults and flirtatious comments. It bothered her tremendously, and that's why he loved it so very much. Fred loved getting under her snake like skin, winding her up until she was moments away from an explosion. Call him cruel and spiteful, but there was truely nothing better than seeing Lyra Blacks blood boil.

He enjoyed making her face burn red in irritation, her eyes turning into narrow slits as she shot daggers at him, and her body temperature rising as she took an intimidating step forward. He'd watch as their proximity became closer, and for that alone he became infatuated in aggravating her for the promise of their tension. Fred would never do anything too conceited, in-fact he'd regularly just use his charm and she'd already be fuming. So perhaps it was her short fuse that made Fred Weasley so unlikable to her.

She hated his stupid red hair, and his taunting brown eyes. She hated the way he'd constantly pick on her, and continue to ruffle her feathers. Lyra Black simply hated Fred Weasley for all the reason he was so loved. The stupid pranks he pulled that she believed she could beat with such ease, his frankly annoying personality that both girls and boys swooned over, and not to mention his stupid hair that she often wanted to pull right out of his scalp.

It was safe to say that Lyra Black did not fancy Fred Weasley.

And so, she turned on her heel facing the obnoxious ginger who stood with him arms crossed over his chest, his broad shoulders flexing as his white button up tightened against his biceps. Quidditch had done him some good, he's was terribly toned for a boy his age. However none of that mattered in this moment as she shook her moment of weakness away, and took another drag of her cigarette mockingly.

"No shit Sherlock." She spat, her raspy voice croaking as Fred gave her figure a one over with his enticing eyes. He took a daring step forward, his body towering over her own as their body's became dangerously close. The two maintained eye contact throughout his slowed motions, neither backing down. The cig sat between her plump lips as she continued to take a puff. He gently plucked it out of her mouth, his fingers brushing against her rosy plump lips as he put it between his own. Lyra narrowed her amber eyes at him, ignoring the way his current stare made her stomach churn.

As he took a hit of the intoxicating fumes, she'd exhaled the smoke, it hitting his mouth as he sucked the rest in along with his own. Lyra's eyes travelled down to his lips where her cigarette laid, when an abrupt idea came to her mind.

Maintaining eye contact, she took another step forward, their figures barely touching as each others body heat radiated off onto one another. She stood on her tippy toes, their faces inches away from making contact as she brushed her ringed fingers against his neck. Fred could feel his heartbeat quicken, his face blush a rosy pink as he leaned into Lyra's touch. He couldn't think straight with her hands on him.