chapter 3

Matthew's POV:

It's been a while since Leah took off with Arianna. 

I stand up to go look for Josh. We really hit it off while waiting for the girls to get ready. We had a lot more in common than we thought. 

I scan the room, finding Leah entering the kitchen without Arianna. I weave through the crowd to get to her. When I enter the room, she's pouring a drink into two cups. 

"Leah? Is Arianna alright?" I ask, with worry.

"She'll be ok." She sounds upset.

"Who are the drinks for?" I ask, nodding toward both of the cups in her hand.

"Me," she laughs. "Why? Do you want one?" She extends her arm out, offering me one of the cups, taking a sip from the other one. 

"I'm ok, thanks." I look around the room before I bring my gaze back to her. "Where is she?"

"She's in the bathroom," she says quietly.

"Thank you," I reply.

I make my way through the crowd and up the stairs. Soon, I'm in front of the bathroom door. 

I knock. "Arianna? Are you alright?" I try to open the door but it's locked. 

To my surprise, she unlocks the door. I enter, finding her sitting with her back against the wall of this small bathroom, looking away from me. 

"Ari?" I question. I sit next to her, putting my hand on her shoulder as comfort. "Arianna? Look at me." When she doesn't, I place my fingers under her chin, turning her head to look at me. I take in her tear-stained cheeks. "Arianna, what happened?"

"Nothing. I'm fine," she says, wiping her tears.

"No, you're not."

"Umm..." she hesitates.

"Ari, I'm here if you want to talk."

"I do, I just ... I don't know," she responds truthfully, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

I give her a second to think before she continues.

"Umm, Luke, my ... my boyfriend, kissed Leah. She, umm ... she told me that he was flirting with her and--" I cut her off.

"Which one's Luke?"