Meeting Doctor To

The clearing was alive with movement. Hundreds of large Formasid workers streamed around a large central mound of dirt. Some had their arms filled with a giant pile of dirt, while others waited in a long line to get in and dig what was becoming the entrance to the nest. KC stood and watched everything with a huge grin on his face. "Pretty amazing, eh buddy?" he said, filled with familial pride.

Ken matched his smile and stated "You'll get no argument from me - this is truly amazing."

Over to the right hand side of the growing main entrance stood a dozen or so Omegas.

Ken still was having difficulty being able to differentiate male and female Omegas, and the fact that none of these milling about and working with various pieces of equipment were not wearing any clothes didn't make it much easier for him. He did jump on the net and do a bit of research when he first met KC, but apparently the "subtle variations in head, antennae, and coloring" were a bit too subtle for him to notice. He was able to determine that the older (they have a slightly darker shade of brown he was fairly certain) was definitely in charge. He (?) was the only Omega not holding a computer unit or piece of equipment, and just had the air of "the boss". Ken tried to hang back a bit while KC continued his quick pace towards the assembled group.

KC made a beeline straight for "the boss" Omega and didn't stop until they were face to face. Ken watched what he assumed was a greeting: slight bow of the head, and then a slight lean forward by both parties until it looked like their antennas were just about touching.

"Doctor To, It is very nice to see you again. Welcome to Drom" KC said nervously. Dr. To barely acknowledged him, and KC stood there, shifting his feet while he continued to glance over at an Omega standing off to the doctor's right hand side. "That must be her" Ken muttered to himself, and KC confirmed it a moment later when he turned slightly and said "Hello, Elles. It is very nice to see you again. Welcome to Drom."

Ken was about 20' behind KC and couldn't see the expression on his face - he really wished he could see him in this awkward moment. Better to tease him later, he thought, while smiling through the odd sensation in his head. He remembers the translator chip and realizes that he is hearing this conversation in Glorna. The pain and nausea are no longer present, which is a relief, but Ken notices that whenever the chip is being used he feels a minor sense of vertigo. While thinking about the vertigo, he acknowledges that he feels good. The pills he found stashed in the Rooster have fully kicked in and he feels great. His joints don't ache and a pleasant sensation washes over him. He is drinking the moment in when he realizes that KC is calling him. "Uh, yeah, KC?"

Annoyed? Embarrassed? Ken isn't quite sure of the exact expression on his friend's face, but he is pretty sure it is one of those.

"Come over please. < I would like to introduce you Doctor Gaarvaua To, and his daughter, Elles To. > More vertigo. Ken shakes his head, extends his hand for a handshake and then awkwardly withdraws his hand when he realizes the Formasids have no idea what his outstretched hand means. "Nice to meet you guys." Ken is able to spit out while smiling at the two confused Formasids.

Dr. To extends out his hand with his three long fingers straight out and quickly withdraws it back (which ends up looking like some Formasid Kung Fu) while he mutters a perfunctory < Nice to meet you, as well. >

Ken is now terribly embarrassed and does not know how to explain a 'handshake' or any way to tell the Omega's that their hand gesture is 'wrong' - his mind just wanders to a time in the future where the Doctor meets another human and does his 'Kung Fu' gesture. Ken now suddenly finds this hilarious and bursts out laughing. Noticing the horrified and confused looks of everyone gathered around him, he tries to change it to a 'cough' and holds a hand up to excuse himself as he turns and walks away.

KC sighs, shakes his head, and offers Elles and Dr. To an embarrassed smile.