𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

Amelia POV:

Today was the day the company I worked at was getting taken over by another owner. Everyone had to be there extra early to make sure everything was prepared and clean. I had a normal 9-5 office job, but with the new boss, they changed the hours to 8-5 but we get extra pay. I guess that's something. 

I sighed and got out of my comfortable bed. It was 6:40 in the morning according to my big glass clock on my nightstand. I slip on my socks and walk to my bathroom. My hair looked a mess. Sighing I took it out it's ponytail and let it fall past my shoulders. My hair was relatively a good length. I brush my fingers through my hair and start to walk to the shower. I turn it on and start to grab my shower items and bring it to the side of the tub. I peel off my clothes and head for the toilet. After finishing, I brush my teeth as I wait for the water to heat up. When I'm done with that I head in. 

I stand under the burning hot water and let it trail over my body. It felt so calming. I let in a deep breath and start my shower routine. I grab some shampoo from the side of the tub and place a decent size on my hand. I let my hair get wet before lathering my head in the shampoo. Once I finished scrubbing my head with shampoo I rinsed it out and do the same with my conditioner. 

After making sure my head was clean I washed my body with a peach scented body wash. I made sure to shave everywhere. By the time I was done it had been about 20 minutes. I hop out of the shower and dry myself off. I grab my dyson blow dryer and start to use it on my hair. My hair is a bit wavy so the drier helps straighten it out. Once my hair was all done I start working on my makeup. It was very simple. Just some concealer to cover some of the marks on my face, mascara, blush, and lip gloss. I put on my panties and bra before heading back into my room. My outfit was laying on top of my desk. It was a work appropriate black dress with my favorite pair of black heels. I put on my outfit and some jewelry before grabbing my work bag, my phone and headphones before heading downstairs. 

I lived with my dad and grandma. My family hasn't always been so good. My mother died when I was 14 from a heart attack. My dad was devastated. For the first time I had seen my father cry. It took him years to get over her. He had been in a slump. He made a promise to never forget her and he would still stay loyal to her by not dating anyone else. He sold our house and we moved in with my grandma and grandpa on her side since my dad didn't have any family. My grandpa eventually went with my mom and passed away 3 years ago. 

Anyways, enough with the sad stories. It was around 7:10. I went to the kitchen to find my father sitting at the counter with a bowl of cereal. 

"Hi dad" I greeted him with a hug. He hugged me back before going back to eating his food. I grabbed my lunchbox and went to the fridge to start packing my bag. I placed what I packaged last night which consisted of a chicken salad, sliced apples and some strawberries. I zipped up the bag and placed it in my work bag. I went to grab my keys off the counter and to go get my coat from the closet. It was a brown long coat with black buttons on it. I put it on and grabbed my stuff. 

"I will see you later dad" I yelled out before heading out the front door. Today was officially the new start for the company I worked for. 

***

I finally made it into the building. It was 7:35 right now. The office wasn't that far from my house. I walked all the way to the elevator and pressed the up button. I start to wait for the elevator until it dings. I walk in and press for the 10th floor. The door was starting to close when I heard a small 'Hold it for me' I put my arm out to stop the door from closing and here comes a man who looked wild. His shirt was unbuttoned almost half way and his hair was a mess. 

I look at him up and down and pull a comb out of my bag. "You need to comb your hair. You need to look professional for the new boss who's coming today" you spoke and gave him the comb. He tried to take it but a voice came in out of nowhere. 

"Alex what did I say about showing up here looking like a slob, you're making my rep look bad" a man said. You raise your eyebrows and turn around to see a well dressed man with a black suit on. Your eyes scan his whole body before staring into his eyes. You turn back around and the realization hits you.  

"You're with him?" you asked confused. 

"Unfortunately yes" Alex says. 

He takes the comb out of your hand and the elevator doors clothes. You were in a moving elevator with your new boss and his "friend". 

You sigh and say "button up your shirt before the doors open".

You turn to the front of the elevator to where your boss looks down staring at you. 

"What is your name?" he asks.

"Amelia Jones" you respond.

The bell off the elevator dings and you turn back around. "Comb please" you placed your hand out. He gives you the comb and you walk out of the elevator. 

'God I'm gonna go crazy if there are any more un-put together men in the workplace' you thought.

***

So how do you guys like the story? I hope it met some of your expectations. I'll try to update as soon as I can. Comment and Vote please, I love you all <3