Ike Eveland

Stories

Powerful tales with the potential to captivate millions.

The methods of telling them very greatly, but one of

the oldest forms of story telling is that of

the written word.

A young boy found himself walking around the blooming market. Turning his head to see every stand to seek something that will be catch by his eye. And one stall succeed in doing that, to be specific it was a stand where the sold all different kinds of books. The old who was running the shop saw the young boy staring at the books and he handed him one, "Here, this might be interesting to you." The young boy took it with two hands, as he held it tightly and he had the softest smile appear on his face. His cheek colouring red out of excitement. He took he book and went to sit on one of the benches. He excitingly opened the book on the first page. The story was so diverse, there were mermaids, pirates, kings, witches, there were even dragons!

Experiences

A wonderous happening that may occur when one partakes in a story for the first time.

The creators of these stories to be experienced have gone by many names.

Some have called them "authors, others "writers" or "designers"

and some came to be known as "novelists".

When he returned home, he immediately went back to his room to start writing his own story to captivate the heart of others, like the story did with him. With many trial and error things got better and through out the years his stories came closer to their end. But when he finished writing the last page of his masterpiece, he felt dizzy and light in the head. He thought that he overworked himself again, so he didn't fight against the feeling and closed his eyes. What do those few hours mean anyways; he was finally done with his story. But he felt cold- is that water? He quickly opened his eyes and saw that he was standing outside on the streets, in the rain. He looked around. Did I sleepwalk? He thought to himself. The area around him was unrecognisable, he saw a few tall buildings and suddenly a fast thing drove right in front of him. It made him jump a little. There were two ladies in front of him who looked a little worried. He felt scared, this doesn't seem like his world, he doesn't know what they want to do with him. So, the safest option was to run away. He made his way to a hall between two buildings. It took him a second to take everything in and realize that what was happening wasn't a dream.

"Okay, so I was done writing my lives work and I suddenly got teleported to a different world? Yeah, that- tha- I- " he let out a big sigh and with that his tears also started flowing out of his golden eyes. He leaned against a wall. A wave of anxiety started flowing through his body. He had only read about these weird things in stories, where is he? Will he be able to return home? What will happen to the story he has been working on for years? What will happen to his own story?

The sun shined through the window onto his face. He opened his eyes and stretched his body before he grabbed his glasses. He sat up as he put them on his face. He got up, ready to start his own day. He past his dresser, but he quickly stepped back to take a look at the picture standing on top of the dresser. He held the frame with both hands, as he brought it closer to his face. A soft smile appeared on his face and the red colour returned on his cheeks. The frame holds a picture of the friends he made in this strange time. He placed the picture back on its place and got himself ready for work.

Home

It is not a place in and of itself, but rather what you make of the place you are in.