chapter 1

"Essie ! momma said get your ass up and get ready for school" I groaned and then rolled over on my back . I sat there for a second and then got up . I looked and saw my sister was still standing at the door. " Okay peasant , I'm woke ." She looked at me and rolled her eyes before walking away . I really dreaded going to this school today . I didn't want to deal with the mess those kids embark on . I pick out something simple to wear and head to the shower.
          After my shower I went and got dressed , then left for school. My school really wasn't bad but the kids in there made it so ghetto chile . After about 15 minutes I made it to school , I parked in student parking. " Another day at ghetto land ", I said to myself . I walked to go meet up with my two best friends Jasmine and Keira . Me and Jasmine been besties since the sandbox , we met Keira in middle school. I love these girls to death they have always been there for me through whatever. I walked up to my locker and there they were . Simultaneously they both spoke and I spoke back . " Essie , did you hear about Jamie ?"  " No. What happened ?"
    She began to tell me how Jamie was caught with Marquess under the bleachers at a football game . " Bitch swear ? Her momma gonna whoop her ass . Everybody know she does not tolerate that ." Jasmine then spoke up , " Chile that girl momma been knew she was out here , like a few weeks ago she got caught with jimbo 'hind Mr. Mike sto. " " Chileee , that's some crazy shit, but let's get to class before this damn bell ring." So we all gathered out stuff and walked to our classes. We had three different classes , so we split once we got to the stair wall, not without telling each " see you later".
Once I arrived to my American Literature class , I took my designated seat in the back . I pulled out my AirPods and put one in , we were only going to be writing notes anyway, then I grabbed my notebook and pencil and waited for the teacher to come in . While I was waiting I felt my phone vibrate .
ma mère ❤️🫶🏾 : won't be home when you get here , already got food for you and taylor . I love you baby 🫶🏾
me : okay ma . i love you too . see you later 🧡

It was now 3:25 and I was on the way home , school was good but I was tired now , thank god I didn't have to work today . While on the way home I got a phone call , I answered it while it was connected to the car .
" hello "
" hey Essie . Bruh am I connected to that funky as car ?"
" not too much on my car now & yes you are . What do you want ?"
" bruh got me sounding all weird and robotic , anyways what you doing bae ?"
" On the way home . What are you doing ?"
" nothing right now , coming over there soon ."
" and how do you know I want you over here ?"
" girl shut the fuck up, I'll be on the way soon"
      After that all I heard was the three beeps . That was my close friend Artavian . He got on my nerves but I love him , just like Jas I've been knowing him since sandbox days . We legit grew up together and stayed beside each other . When I pulled up I seen his car was already there . I walked up to his car but he wasn't inside of it , so I already knew he was in the house . I went in and walked to my room , low and behold he was there in my bed sleep . I just shook my head and changed out of my school clothes and put on something comfortable. I decided to go back in the living room and when I did Taylor was walking through the door . " Wassup sis , I see tay  car , where he at ? " Hey sissy and he sleep of course." She got this lil smirk on her mouth " When y'all just gonna get together ?" I looked at her like she was foolish , " Girl me and tay are just best friends ." She shook her head and walked away . Everybody thought me and Tay liked each other but in all seriousness we didn't . Yes he is an attractive man , but I don't see him that way & I doubt he sees me in that light anyway . I decided to text the girls .
da hoes 😮‍💨💙
Me : y'all. let's go out to eat 😭 a bitch don't wanna be in this house ANDDDDDDD I don't have to work .
jasssy: let's gooo 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨
bigbootyke: yesss dawg let's go . I'm so mfn bored . where we gonna go ?
jasssy: let's go to Armelio's. I got a taste for Italian .
me: Issa bet . Lemme see if Taylor and tay wanna go .
jasssy: tay big headed ass there ? bruh when y'all gon stop playing and get together ?
me: bruh leave me alone , Taylor just asked that . We is just best friends but anyway be ready by 5.

After that I got up and went to ask Taylor did she wanna go , then I went to get ready . I woke tay up so he could wash that mouth well at least I tried . " Tay tayyy, wake uppppp" he groaned and then relaxed back into his sleep .  " Tay , tay , Artaviannnnn!" He didn't move a muscle that time . So I decided to push him off the bed , bet you he wake up then. " Bruh Essie , why would you do that ?" He looked at me through squinted eyes . " because stink , we finna go somewhere ." " ughhh where we going ?" I responded with " out" and went to put something comfortable on .

...

" bruh yo ass cheating ." , I heard Tay say . After we ate we ended up going to the sea side arcade. Right now Tay was mad because I was beating him in this game . " naw lil bruh , you just suck ." after a few minutes I ended up beating him of course. We met back up with the rest of the crew and headed back to my house . When we got back my momma was home , I went in and saw her in the kitchen .

     " hey momma girl ", I said to her she responded with " hey rat" I smacked my lips " not too much now sis ." We were talking until the rest of the crew came in the kitchen . " Aw , the rest of the rat pack here." " Maaaaa , not too much now" , Taylor said . " but no , what y'all do today ?" " we went to Armelio's ma and went to the arcade." " And y'all stanky asses ain't bring me nothing back ?" " My bad ma , we weren't thinking", Jas said . " mmmmhm , but I'm finna go to bed , don't be up too long , cause y'all got school in the morning. Y'all can stay if y'all want . Tay don't get in my baby bed either ." Tay just looked at her like girl . " Now ma, you know I'm not sleeping nowhere else ." She just laughed and went down the hall.

  so y'all , let's watch a movie , Kiera suggested . Taylor had already went to her room so it was just me and the besties . We decided on watching one of those Tubi movies .  Eventually everybody fell asleep .

..