Spring is finally here

○●○●○●○●○●○○●○●○●○●○●○

  You received a call from a friend of yours even if it was 3 in the morning it wasn't surprising. You answered it softly so you won't alert your brother who was also staying up like you.

"Oh hey! What's the reason for the call?" You asked happily as you slowly sat up from my bed.

"Hey.. I just wanted to say thank you. You have been here with me since life has been hard on me. You were my light that I needed in these dark nights. Even if you emit a summer season, I've always been stuck in an eternal winter." Her words put you on edge, before you even knew it you were already out of the house running towards her home.

"What's this all about? Of course I will be there for you, no matter what season you're feeling." She can probably hear you breathing in and out as you're running as fast as you can. The snow didn't bother you, even if your feet were freezing cold you continued to run on white carpets of snow.

"Nothing.. I just wanted to say how grateful I am with you. I thought even if I called you at this time you wouldn't be doing what you're doing. Why are you doing this?" her voice started to crack as her throat felt stuck, tears slowly ran down on her pale cheeks.

"Because! I care for you! I would do anything just to stop you from doing anything stupid, you think those words of yours doesn't have any hidden meaning? I can feel your emotions through this damn phone! Now stop what you're doing and let's wait until spring comes!" Your lips began to shiver as the dawn felt colder. Even if it was so early in the morning some people have started their job already. Crossing the road had slowed your run already.

"You're too kind for me.. How did you even manage to get someone as kind as you? You're like an angel sent to me." You can hear water running on the other line.

"I'll be there so PLEASE stop this. I don't want to lose you in this way!" You were sobbing as you felt her house was still far away, you're doing everything you can but why does this specific reason, it feels so far away.

"... Go home please? It feels harder if you desperately do this, stop caring about me so much, you're selfless enough to even sacrifice a lot for a lost cause." Audible cries could be heard from her, she must be hesitating.

"Lost cause? How can I leave you when you were there for me? Why can't I return the favor? I would rather listen to you telling the reason than me explaining to everyone how I couldn't be there for you!" I don't usually ask for anything but if it's for her life then I would be asking for every God out there. Her voice is the only way you could understand how she was feeling, scared of not hearing it.

All you could think of was how you were not noticing she was already feeling this way, was she really that great with acting or maybe you just didn't pay much attention to her when she needed it. Blaming yourself won't help you run faster nor make the house be closer. You started cursing how you got delayed because of crossing. Each second matters, there won't be a reset button this time.

The water running from her end stopped. It was quiet. This sent you chills, time is getting more precious by the second. What could she be doing on the other line? The thought of her hurting herself was already unbearable. Seeing her soft, pale skin drawn is enough to make you angry. Why would she even do it? Who could be responsible for the pain she's feeling, or did someone mistreat her? Did her boyfriend break up with her in an unpleasant way? Did she get into a fight with someone in her family or perhaps something happened in her household? Questions filled your mind as you started not paying attention.

"This surely was an experience, don't you think so?" She softly chuckled. Making you more furious about the situation.

"Fuck it." Crossing the road with the light green sure is dangerous but maybe your life wasn't your priority today. You didn't even take a second to even check the upcoming vehicles and just ran. You can hear a lot of drivers complaining behind you, they wouldn't understand it since they weren't in the moment of desperation. Shrugging off all of the people's harsh words, you continued crossing the road. You really are losing your mind at this point.