Chapter 35 - Bloody Nose

Lucy nibbled at her bottom lip for the hundredth time

It was unhealthy, what she was doing. Barely sleeping, eating only enough to be able to move and then going out to hunt for more clues to find the leader of the Nidhögg clan, using her magic endlessly and recklessly. There had to be a way to get to them faster, to save Amelia faster. It had now been four days since they found the guy at the company and chased him down for information.

Lucy was avoiding going into the stupid club at all costs, but the Goddess only knew how much she wanted to go there. Namjoon had been surrounding the place and said the crowd that went there was pretty much normal humans. Security guard was human as well, so maybe one of the girls, or even her, could pass through and pass as a human. Mina was good at it, but Lucy wouldn’t request something like that from her anymore.

The evening after Mina had been sick she had come downstairs with a newfound glow to her. She was healthy again, no longer suffering from withdrawal. And Jimin had her tattoos on both his wrists.

The overwhelming happiness Lucy had felt had her hiding in the library to cry a little. Her girls weren’t… well, girls, anymore. Mina was mated with someone. And apparently very happy, too, because her mood was constantly lifted. She was still a storm to contain, truth be told, but Jimin seemed to calm her down greatly.

Emily was also head over heels with Yoongi. But those two seemed to be moving slower, which was fine. Lucy still remembered how heartbroken poor Emily had been after that Dante bastard hurt her. Containing Mina so not to kill the man had been a chore… that she had failed. Pity.

Damn, even Luna was all hooked up on Taehyung. Jesus, if this went on she would be conducting everyone’s marriages! Even Amelia’s! The girl had all but hated even the thought of kissing someone when she was thirteen, and now she was looking at Jungkook like he was the last best thing on Earth.

The thunder outside made Lucy flinch slightly. It had been so quiet that the sound seemed deafening. She walked to the windows and opened one, relishing on the frenzy that was now running through her veins, the flash of lightning cutting through the dark sky. Breathing in the cool air, Lucy almost moaned when the magic build up in her chest.

“Oh, shit… sorry, I can come back later.”

Lucy looked behind herself to see Jungkook retreating at the door and getting ready to close it. She called him, smiling a little when Raksha materialized herself as she walked to greet the young man.

“It’s alright, you can come in.” Lucy said, eyes softening when looking at him smirk and then crouch to snuggle the white wolf's fur.

“Sorry, I wanted to get this book back. Didn’t mean to interrupt.”

“You’re not. This is your house, anyway.” She sat down on one of couches, Raksha instantly coming to jump on the couch and lay down beside her.

Jungkook smiled, nodding, and walked to place the book to its original place.