Chapter 1

She sat, resting in the velvet armchair by the blazing fire. The words of her mother were hammering in her head "Women cannot rule, I had to marry your father to rule, you cannot do this alone." Her face softened, her mother was clueless. No-one could tell her mother what do do, except father, and the royal advisor. Milah wanted to rule alone, none of the boy in the kingdom could be her husband! they were all smelly, and if they had the chance, would fight to the death for a mere chance to be hers. She rested her head on her arms,  starting to tear up in the slightest, she sat up, and grabbed a piece of parchment from the paper stack that was toppling over the coffee table beside the chair, grabbing her peacock feather quill and dipping it  in a small pot of ink by the now fallen pile of paper. and she wrote: "Mary-Jane  I'm tired of mother complaining over whom i choose to marry, what shall I do? All the boys that live in the kingdom, barely resemble the prince my mother pictures. I don't even want a prince, what do I do? Help!  From, Milah .."  She sighed, and went up to her window, that extended from the side of the wall, across the whole room, she had a clear view of the whole kingdom from here, but tonight was dark, and it was late, so at that moment, she could barely see the familiar shapes of the houses and taverns that colored the usually busy streets during the day. She looked around at the few glowing lights that still lit the street, and opened her window, she stuck her head out and looked around for her small, dark raven, that usually hung around her window waiting to deliver her letter, but alas, it was not there. Milah came back inside, and closed the window, Milah had befriended the bird after feeding it crumbs and offcuts of food she found it the castle kitchens, and in return, it would deliver the messages she wrote for her friend. But it she wasn't surprised it left for the night, as it had better things to do, like sleep.. she thought. Oh well, he may come again tommorow.. for now, I shall sleep as well. So she took off her dress, (that was rather itchy) and crossed the room to her bed, which had a fine, silky canopy, she threw the nightgown that had been placed elegantly on the side of the bed for her on the ground, and tumbled under the fine covers, not even hitting the pillows before she drifted into a deep, foggy sleep...