Chapter Fifteen

Rachel's Point of View

I woke up to Bryce's arms tightly wrapped around my torso. I felt my head throbbing and waking up to him wasn't making it any better. I cannot believe I agreed to come here last night. I felt him stir beside me and I look over at him slowly opening his eyes, letting them adjust to the light.

"Good morning babe," He said in his morning voice. He was hot, I'll admit it. But he was nothing like Shawn.

"Did Shawn reply to my text?" I asked trying not to sound desperate.

Bryce groaned, reaching to grab his phone. He clicked a button lighting up the screen and pointed out towards me. The screen displayed no new messages. My heart dropped, but I kept a unfazed look on my face. I refused to let Bryce see me crack.

"Don't be disappointed, he doesn't deserve you anyway," he said. How could he not be worried about me? Why did he not reply? All these questions were running through my head.

"Hey babes, don't look so down. Why don't we get some breakfast? That'll cheer you up." Bryce suggested, getting up from the bed.

"There's clothes on the counter the bathroom. I'll meet you in the living room when you are ready."

I just nod my head, and head towards the bathroom. Why Shawn didn't reply was the only thing running through my mind. I sluggishly put on the clothes Bryce set out for me and made my way to the living room.

I didn't initially notice how large was the penthouse. There were lots of doors leading to places I would probably never see. I went towards the living room where Bryce was sitting on his phone, tapping away.

"You have a nice place." I said shyly, taken a back by all the glass surrounding the room.

"It's okay I guess, we only stay here when we're in the city." He said casually.

"You come here often?" I asked curiously, admiring the view of the city.

"Not really, I'm here maybe once or twice a month. My dad is here a lot for work so I just come by every now and then." He said standing beside me.

"Let's get some food, I know a great breakfast place not too far from here." He suggested.

We walked out of the penthouse and down the elevator. In the lobby many people said good morning to Bryce. Once we stepped out of the hotel, the cool breeze hit my skin. A man in a suit held open the door of a black car of which I slipped in.

"Breakfast, sir?" The driver said as he slipped into his seat.

Bryce simply nodded his head.

The drive was short, thankfully. When we reached our destination, the driver one again opened the door for us.

I looked up to see a sign displaying The Hilton Hotel New York City. We were walking into the building when Bryce slowly intertwined our fingers together, causing a shiver to run down my spine. I peaked up at his face, but he just continued to face forward. I did not want to hold his hand, so I just let my hand fall limp as he held on tightly.

We reached the restaurant inside the hotel which looked quite fancy and expensive. We were seated at our table and handed menus. Bryce insisted he ordered for me and I did not protest. After the waiter took our order and we were served our drinks we began small talk.

"So tell me, what's someone so beautiful doing with someone like Shawn?" He questioned.

I was caught off guard, I almost spit out my coffee. How dare he talk about Shawn like that.

"What do you mean?" I tried to seem unfazed.

"You know, he's so, geeky and weird. All he does is play guitar and I'm pretty sure he doesn't talk to anyone ever. How can you be friends with someone like that?" Bryce stated.